Chapter 25: The Playdate

"Are you sure it's alright? I mean, what if it's awkward or what if she doesn't like me? Are you sure this is a good idea?" I kept firing questions at Neymar, the whole ride to his ex-girlfriend, Carolina's house.

He had suggested it would be nice if Davi and Jeremy hung out together like they used to back in New York. I, on the other hand, thought it might create some awkward moments between Carolina and I. Not all ex-girlfriends were too keen on the idea of having their son spend time with their ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend's son. Complicating, I know, but it was the truth.

"Relax, Tori. I talked to her yesterday and she's totally fine with it." Neymar said, parking his car and getting out.

Jeremy and I followed him as he lead us to the doorsteps of Carolina's house. He rang the doorbell, waiting for her to answer.

A short, blonde opened the door, smiling when she saw Neymar, "Neymar, it's finally nice to see you." She said, pulling him into a hug.

He returned it, "You too, Carol. How have you been?" He asked, pulling away.

"Good, what about you? I haven't heard from you in so long!"

"I've been great, and yeah, sorry about that. I've had too much on my plate these past few weeks." He said.

She waved him off, smiling, "I understand." She said, before calling Davi, who came rushing to the door when he heard his dad was here.

"Papai!" Davi yelled, hugging Neymar tightly.

"Hey, Davi!" He leaned down to his height, hugging him back.

Davi pulled away with a huge smile on his face, "I missed you!"

"I missed you too, buddy." Neymar smiled, ruffling his son's hair before standing up, "Guess who's here..." His head turned to Jeremy, who was hiding behind me.

"Jeremy!" Davi couldn't contain his excitement when he saw him.

Jeremy smiled, running over to Davi and hugging him, "Hi, Davi!"

Carolina gasped, covering her mouth before moving it to her heart, "Is that your son?" She asked, looking at me.

"Yeah." I said, looking up at her.

"Oh, he's precious." She said, smiling.

I smiled back at her, "Thank you."

"Anyways, I have training today so I can't stay. Carol, I already told you everything on the phone yesterday," He said, looking at the blonde who gave him an understanding nod. "Tori, have a good time, alright?" He looked over at me.

I looked at him, giving him a nod. "Alright, sweethearts, let's get you both inside." Carolina smiled at the kids before leading them inside her house.

Neymar smiled at me, "I'll see you later?"

I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "Okay."

He frowned, "You call that a kiss?"

"Ney, we're outside." I said.

"Yeah, but there isn't anyone around..." He said.

"So, what're you suggesting?"

"This." He said, before closing the gap between us. I smiled, kissing him back and resting one of my hands on the back of his neck. He pulled away, "Now, that's what you call a kiss." I rolled my eyes at him before removing my hand from the back of his neck. "Oh, I forgot to ask. How's your wrist?" He asked, taking my right hand in his left.

"It's getting better." I said.

"That's good to hear, and uh... I'm really sorry."

"Shh.." I put a finger on his lips, shushing him, "Stop apologizing." I said, before taking my finger off his lips.