Chapter 4: Confessions

"So, how'd the date go?" Antonella asked, placing Thiago on the floor. He ran off, giggling.

"Good." I replied.

She raised an eyebrow at me, "Did you have sex or something? You seem too happy."

I rolled my eyes at her, "Nice to know what you think of me."

She laughed, "Sorry. Are you gonna see him again?"

I shrugged, "Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"Yeah, I'm still deciding." I bit my lip.

"Well, Leo seems to like him."

"What? You told him?!" I yelped.

"Why not? He's your brother."

"Ella, there are some things which you have to keep to yourself! I'm trusting you for a reason. Leo knows that the father is a football player, thanks to you." I snapped.

"He doesn't care. He just wants you to stay out of trouble and be happy!" She shot back. I was silent. "Tori, you have to stop worrying about what Leo thinks. It's your life so you get to do whatever the fuck you want. Just, stop worrying about what he says and thinks, okay?" She asked. I nodded, remaining silent. "Honestly, this whole dating thing is good for you. He seems like a really nice guy."

"He is." I said.

She smiled, "So, does that mean you're gonna see him again?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

* * *

"I'm sorry that didn't go as planned." He said, as we both walked back to my apartment.

I looked at my torn dress, "Eh, it could've been worse."

He laughed, "What's worse than setting your date's outfit on fire?"

"Or spilling wine on them." I gestured to his shirt, laughing.

"It was an eventful date." He grinned.

"Sure was!" I said, smiling.

We arrived outside my apartment door. It felt like déjà vu.

"I'm sorry about your dress." He said.

"It's fine. I've been looking for a reason to get rid of it." I said.

He chuckled, "Well, today's your lucky day then."

"Can I see you again?" I asked, suppressing a smile.

He was smiling, "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"

"Yeah, but you didn't." I pointed out.

"I'll call you." He said.

"Sounds fair." I said, before turning to open my apartment door.

"Wait!" I turned to face him as his lips crashed against mine. I kissed him back, smiling. He pulled away, grinning.

"Goodnight." I said.

"Oh, it already is." He winked at me.

* * *

One Week Later

I ran to the bathroom, throwing up for what seemed like the thousandth time today. I hadn't been able to keep my food down lately. I also had another date with Josh tonight, and if I couldn't control this whole situation I would have to cancel on him. I stood up, washing my face in the sink before grabbing the pregnancy test which I had been given. I locked the bathroom door. As I was doing so, the doorbell rang. "Shit." I mumbled. Once I was done, I waited for the result to pop up. 'Positive' it read. I gasped. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be excited or worried. Excited, because this is what I want but worried, because I'd have to tell Josh. The doorbell rang again, "Ugh. Coming!" I yelled, before throwing the test away and leaving the bathroom. I grabbed my purse on the way out. I opened the door to find Josh standing there. "Sorry." I apologized, smiling.

He smiled, "No worries. Everything alright?"

I nodded quickly, "Yeah."

"Okay." He didn't seem convinced but that was the least of my worries right now.

We left the apartment and went to a restaurant by the beach. It was breathtakingly beautiful. There were rose petals scattered all over the table and sand. There was a candle sitting in the middle of the table.

"This is so beautiful." I said in awe.

"Yeah? It cost a fortune but it was totally worth it." I smiled. We ate our food, devouring each bite. Of all dates with Josh, this was the best. Although, the last date wasn't pretty bad either even though it was a disaster, because we ended up getting kicked out of the restaurant. I smiled at the memory. "What's so funny?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Our last date."

He groaned, "Don't remind me." I laughed. We took a walk on the beach before heading back to my apartment. I let him in, closing the door behind me. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, again.

"I'm fine." I said, way too quickly.

He raised his eyebrows at me, "Tori, let's face it, you're an awful liar."

"I'm not that bad." I mumbled.

He chuckled, "What's going on?"

How was I gonna tell him this?

"Josh... We have to stop seeing each other."

He was shocked, "W-What? Why? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no. You did nothing wrong!" I quickly assured him.

"Then, why?"

I sighed, "Look, I really like you but I don't think I can keep seeing you anymore."

"Why?" He repeated.

"Because I'm pregnant!" I yelled.

He was silent before responding, "But... We never... Did we?" He asked, squinting his eyes.

"No, we didn't dumbass." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Then, how?"

"I went through artificial insemination." I said.

He sighed, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Because I wasn't sure I'd end up pregnant." He didn't say anything, so I decided to go on, "I'm sorry. You're a great guy, really. I just can't keep seeing you because I don't want to deal with any shit in the future."

"Why are you so worried about the future?" He asked.

"I don't know, okay?! I just don't wanna deal with guys anymore. I have a child."

"Not yet, you don't."

"I'm going to have one."

"I wish you had told me earlier." A look of hurt flashed his eyes.

"Me too."

"I'll be off, then." He grabbed his coat, walking over to the door.

I turned around to face him, "I'm sorry." I said.

He looked at me, "Don't be. I'm sure you'll be a great mom." He smiled at me, before walking out of my apartment and life forever.