Chapter 22: The Beach

I was woken up by my phone. Groaning, I reached over to the bedside table and grabbed my phone, answering it, "WHAT?!" I yelled into the phone, a bit louder than I intended to.

"Ow!" I heard the voice on the other line cry out.

"Oh, sorry." I apologized, laughing slightly.

"It's fine. I was just calling to see if you wanted to go to the beach today. You can bring Antonella and the others as well." Neymar said.

"Sure. I'll see you soon, then?"

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." I ended the call, placing my phone back on the bedside table and getting out of bed. I walked into the bathroom to shower, and came out a while later to find Antonella sitting on my bed, flicking through the channels on the TV.

"Morning." She greeted me, not looking away from the screen.

"Morning." I walked over to the closet, grabbing a swimsuit, shorts and a tunic. I went back into the bathroom to change.

Once I had finished I emerged from the bathroom, walking over to the mirror, "So, Neymar invited us to the beach. You coming?" I asked, drying my hair with a towel.

"The beach? Hell, yes. Just, give me some time to get ready." She got up from the bed, turning the TV off.

"Sure, take all the time you need." I assured her as she grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom.

I felt someone tug my arm. I looked down to see Jeremy, who was smiling at me. "Hey, Jer."

"Hi, mommy! Thiago and I want to go to a theme park. Can we go, mommy? Please?" He begged.

"Honey, we're going to the beach today. How about another day?" I suggested.

"I'll take him. Thiago wants to go as well, so I can take the both of them." Leo said, walking up to us.

"Really? I hope that's not too much trouble. I had left him with you and Antonella a lot, are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course, and I love spending time with my nephew." He smiled at Jeremy, ruffling his hair.

"Okay, well, thank you." I said, smiling at Leo.

He looked at me with a smile on his face, "Hey, don't worry about it. You and Antonella need some time to unwind and relax."

"Thank you, oh and don't eat too much ice-cream, Jeremy."

He laughed, "I'll try not to, mommy, but you know how I can be."

"Unfortunately, we do." Leo said, laughing.

* * *

"Hey, I'm glad you two could make it." Neymar walked up to us, smiling. Antonella and I had arrived at the beach, and it was exceptionally beautiful. It's not like every day you get to go the beach in New York.

"Oh, we wouldn't turn down the beach for anything." Antonella said, smiling.

Antonella and I set our bags on the sand. We started setting up the umbrellas, towels and other necessary items a girl needed for a day at the beach. I was wearing a multicolor swimsuit with some black shorts and a white sheer lace tunic, I paired them with some black D&G sunglasses and black flip-flops. Antonella was wearing a light blue summer dress, and she had her swimsuit underneath her dress. She paired them with some studded light blue sandals.

"Antonella, Tori, I'd like you guys to meet some very special people." He said, gesturing over a few people who were standing by the barbecue pit. They walked over to us, with a smile on their faces. The brunette looked very familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.

"Antonella, Tori, this is my family." He said, looking back and forth from his family to us.

"Mamai, Papai, this is Antonella, Lionel's wife. That's Tori, his younger sister and the one I told you about."

His mother looked at me with a smile on her beautiful face, "Hello, it's a pleasure to finally meet you Tori. Neymar here hasn't stopped talking about you."

I looked at Neymar, "Really?" I asked, teasingly. He looked at me, rolling his eyes playfully. "It's so great to meet you, Mrs Santos." I smiled at her.

"Oh, just call me Nadine, sweetheart." I nodded.

"It's very nice to finally meet you, Tori." His dad held his hand out.

"You too, Mr Santos." I shook his hand.

He chuckled, "Please, call me Neymar." He said, letting go of my hand.

I smiled at him, "As long as it doesn't get confusing." He laughed.

I looked over the brunette, "Hi, it's nice to meet you...?" I looked at her, waiting for her to tell me her name.

"Rafaella." She said, smiling at me.

There we go! It was Neymar's younger sister.

"Right, and god, you're stunning." I said, laughing.

"Me? Take a look at yourself. I don't think I've ever seen anyone more beautiful than you." She said.

I smiled at her, "Wow, I'm flattered."

She laughed, "You're gonna have to get used to it if you're gonna be stuck with me."

"We're having a barbecue, and we'd love it if you two could stay for it." Nadine looked at Antonella and me.

"We'd love to stay." Antonella said, smiling sweetly at her.

"Okay, if you two need a break from the sand and sea, Neymar's house is right up there, so feel free to go there anytime." Nadine said. I thanked her before Nadine left with Neymar's dad to the barbecue area.

Neymar, Rafaella, Antonella and I spent most of the day on the beach getting to know each other and having fun. We played volleyball, chased each other around the beach and went jet-skiing, which I had to admit was incredibly scary yet amazing.

"Swimming, anyone?" Neymar asked.

"I'm actually gonna chill for a while." Antonella said, sitting down on her towel.

"I'll keep you company." Rafaella smiled, sitting beside her.

"You?" Neymar asked, looking at me.

"The last one to get to the sea is a sore loser." I said before getting up and running towards the sea. Soon after, Neymar was catching up and he started running faster than I was. I gave it everything I got and pushed myself further, trying to get ahead of him, but who were we kidding, this kid's an exceptional football player. He had already made it to the water and he stood there, with his arms crossed over his chest, smirking at me. I suddenly sped up, running right for him and pushing him down into the water, going down with him. I surfaced, laughing, "Who's the loser now?" But as soon as those words left my mouth, I felt him tug me down into the water.

I gasped as I was pulled down into the water. A while later he pulled me up, wrapping his arms arms around my waist from behind and whispering, "It's still you." I shuddered at the sudden closeness.

He spun me around so that I was facing him. The sun was starting to set behind the sea, but it didn't fail to capture his already beautiful face. His hazel brown eyes sparkled, making me go a little weak in the knees. Water droplets refused to leave his hair, and every once in a while they would slowly slide down his tattooed chest.

I looked into his eyes, "Neymar..." I started.

"Yeah?" His voice was low enough for me to hear.

I didn't know what to say, so I just grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. He let out a sound of surprise but not before kissing me back. His lips were soft against mine. If this was what it was like to be in love, then I was definitely up for it.