Chapter 27: The Phone Call

"God, it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders." Neymar said, on the other line.

"I know. It feels good to have gotten that off my chest and to be ourselves in public." I said.

"Yeah. Did you see the news? I don't think I've ever seen the paparazzi's so obsessed with my love life."

I laughed, "I'm glad I don't have to hide my feelings anymore."

"Me too." I knew that he was practically smiling now.

"Mommy, I can't sleep." An all too familiar voice said.

"I have to go, but I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Sure. Goodnight. I love you." He said.

I smiled, "I love you too." I said, before ending the call and placing my phone on the bedside table. "Come here, sweetheart." I said, shuffling on the bed making space for Jeremy.

He climbed into bed beside me clutching his teddy bear. "I can't sleep."

I put an arm around him, "Why's that, love?" I asked, studying his face.

"I've just been thinking about daddy." He said in a small voice.

I smiled at him, "I'm sorry, baby. I don't know for sure but we'll find him, okay?"

He looked at me with those hazel brown eyes that reminded me of Neymar so much for some reason, and smiled, "Really? Promise?"

"Yeah, I promise." I said, kissing his forehead.

"Can I ask you something, mommy?"

"Anything." I said with a smile.

"Is Neymar your boyfriend?" He asked.

I hesitated before responding, "Yeah. Yeah, he is. I hope that doesn't bother you." I said, looking at him.

He shook his head and smiled, "I'm happy for you, mommy. I really like him."

I smiled back at him, "Me too, and thank you, love." I kissed his forehead. "Get some sleep, 'kay?" He nodded, turning around and closing his eyes. I reached over to the bedside table and turned the lamp off.

* * *

"Take that, Junior!" I yelled at Neymar from where I was standing. We were at the training camp, practicing for his next game against Mexico.

He crossed his arms over his chest, pouting, "I wasn't ready yet." He said, walking towards me from the goal.

I laughed, "You've been saying that ever since you found out that I can beat you in football."

"You're mean." He said, jokingly.

I smirked, "See, that's funny coming from you."

He fake-gasped, pretending to be hurt, "You did not just say that!"

I shrugged, "I just did. What're you gonna do about it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

He smirked, "I think you know all too well." He said, taking a step closer towards me.

"Should I be worried?" I asked.

"I would be if I were you." Before I had a chance to say anything, he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

I gasped, "Put me down!" I yelled.

"Nope!" He began running towards the other end of the field.

I covered my eyes, "Neymar! Put me down!" I screamed as he ran faster. In all of a sudden, the both of us fell down onto the grass. I ended up on top of him. He was now smirking at me, which made me roll my eyes, "It's not gonna happen, Junior." I was about to get off him before he flipped us both over, with him now on top of me.

He pinned my arms above my head, "Hmm?" He hummed.

I swallowed, "Neymar..." I started but he cut me off with a kiss. I soon melted into the kiss, letting him take control. Just about that moment, my phone started ringing from my shorts pocket. Neymar pulled away, whining. I shook my head at him, as he got off me and pulled me up along with him. I dusted myself off before answering the phone, "Hello?"

"Hi, Tori. It's me Donna." I heard my boss on the other end say.

"Donna? What is it?" Donna never called me unless it was something important or that I was most probably getting fired from Cosmopolitan.

"Since, the business trip to Tokyo had been cancelled, we thought we'd move the location elsewhere. Instead of heading to Tokyo, we're going to Rome."

"Donna, I already told you I can't go on that business trip."

"And why not?" She was starting to get frustrated.

"My brother-" She cut me off.

"That's all I ever hear from you. If you don't go on this business trip, I'm afraid I might have to fire you. Now, you don't want that, do you?"

I bit my lip, "No."

"That's what I thought. So, you either show up in Rome in two days and keep your job as editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan, or don't come and lose your job. It's your choice." She said.

"Fine. I'll be there." I said, sighing.

"Good. I'll see you in Rome in exactly two days." She said, before hanging up.

I stuffed the phone in my pocket, and turned to look at Neymar. He noticed my expression had changed after the phone call, "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Ney, I have to leave Brazil." I said, looking down.

"What?"

"I have to go to Italy for a business trip." I said, staring at my cleats.

"When do you leave?" He asked.

"Sunday." I responded.

He took a step closer to me, and lifted my chin up, "Do you have to go?" He asked.

"Not unless I wanna lose my job." I said, looking at him.

He pulled me into a hug, "I wish you didn't have to leave."

I rested my head on his shoulder, "Me too."