I'm Not Sure if I Can Do this

Elsa slid the note under the door while holding the handle with her other hand. At first the door jiggled, but soon the note disappeared. Elsa took a deep breath and shoved the door open. She ran.
❄❄❄
Jack was right. The note Elsa had written had distracted the boys, getting their attention away from holding the door shut for just a few seconds. Elsa had only scribbled random junk on there. Random words made the boys want to read it, apparently.
The door had some sort of domino effect on the boys. The ones nearest the door fell over. Others nearby tripped and the rest, like Hans, just got shoved. Hans started after her.
Elsa ducked into her next class and quickly sat down in her seat. Students were filing in. Soon she heard a male teacher say, "Mr. Isles, boys, don't you have classes to get to?"
Elsa let out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding. She was safe. For now...
❄❄❄
Jack went back to class. The teacher was giving a lecture about disruptions in class, but Jack ignored her. He also ignored the judging glances almost every student gave him.
The teacher walked down his isle as she talked. She held out her palm as she went be his desk and he reluctantly handed her his phone.
❄❄❄
At the end of the day, Jack got his phone back. He had 2 texts from Sandy and a voicemail. He pressed play.
"Hey," it was Elsa. "I just wanted to, uh, to thank you for helping me out earlier today. I'm sorry I bothered you with my problems when you were busy with school or your own life. It won't happen again. Anyway, um, I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore. So, thanks again. Bye."
Jack paused for a second before he opened his texts. The first one read: u cool 2 hang after school 2day?
The second one was sent an hour later: hello???
Jack sent a message saying he was free and pocketed his phone before heading to the schoolyard.
❄❄❄
Elsa went home early to avoid any more interactions with Hans. Staying would practically be suicide. She finished up another test and went home with a "sore stomach" 45 minutes before the bell would ring. She got home almost 7 minutes later.
Elsa's mother was in the kitchen.
"Anna? Elsa? Is that you?" She called.
"Yeah, Mom! It's Elsa."
Her mother came with a worried expression on her face. "Is everything alright, Honey?"
"Yeah, just a stomach ache. I think I'll go lie down."
"O-okay, don't be afraid to ask for something. I'm right down here."
That reminded Elsa as she was walking up the stairs. She stopped. "Why are you home early?"
"Boss told me to take the rest of the day off. I'll have a meeting with him soon, but business has been slow."
"Oh, okay," Elsa responded simply as she climbed the rest of the stairs. She noticed Jack had not called her back. He probably didn't want to talk anymore. She sighed as she closed her bedroom door behind her.
❄❄❄
Jack quietly shut the house door behind him, but it wasn't quiet enough.
"Jackson Oliver Frost!"
Jack cringed, "Yeah, Mom?"
"You are still grounded! How dare you disobey me when I told you to come straight home!"
"It was only for-"
"Save it! And no dinner tonight for you!"
"You're going to starve me?" Jack yelled back.
"You're going to get punished for disobeying me! Now, hand it over." She held her palm open expectantly.
"Hand what over?"
"The phone," she tapped her foot impatiently. "Hand over your phone."
"Not only are you going to rid me of dinner, but also my only connection to the outside world?" Jack was angry.
"It is a toy, and boys who do not listen to their mother get their toys taken away."
Jack scowled, but did hand over his phone. Then he stomped up to his room and shut the door.
❄❄❄
Elsa was trying to read a book, but pretty soon she heard the door. Anna must have gotten home. A few minutes later, there was a knock on Elsa's door. "Elsa?"
"What?"
Anna peeked her head in, "Do we need to talk?"
"Talk about what?"
Anna smirked, "That means we do." She slid into the room.
Elsa sighed, smiling, "Sometimes I hate that you know me so well."
"You love me for it too!" Anna stuck her tongue out at Elsa.
Elsa pulled a beanbag chair closer to her and Anna sat.
"What is it?"
Anna looked excited. It looked like Elsa was not the only one with news.
"No, you go first," Elsa insisted.
"Okay, well, today I snuck in and watched ice hockey practice and I guess Kristof noticed me."
"And?"
"And he asked me if I enjoyed ice hockey. The obvious answer was yes. So he asked me to sit with him at lunch tomorrow!"
"Oh my gosh Anna! That's great!"
"I know! Of course I'll have to study up on hockey teams, and figure out what to wear.... Oh! What will I wear? and how do I act?" Anna started panicking.
"Calm yourself! Wear something casual, but nice. And act like yourself. People seem to like that."
Anna chuckled, "When did you learn about this stuff?"
Elsa shrugged. "Just be yourself. I know that sounds cheesy, but-"
"I'll do that."
Elsa smiled.
"Now you."
"Me?"
"What did you need to tell me?"