I'm Sure you'd Stop By

Saturday finally came and Jack waisted no time getting to Elsa's house. At 9 o'clock Jack was already on his way. When he got there, he was surprised to find two vehicles out front. He parked on the curb and walked up to the door to ring the doorbell. It wasn't answered right away, but soon enough, it was opened. A familiar red head peeked out sleepily. She perked up when she saw who it was and smiled.

"Jack! You're here!"

"Yeah, who's vehicles are those?" He asked, pointing behind him to the cars in the drive.

Anna opened the door wider, "those are our cars, Mama and Papa are home packing today."

"Packing?"

"Yeah, I'm sure Elsa will tell you all about it," she said, stepping aside so he could come in.

Anna closed the door behind him and he heard footsteps coming from the kitchen. "Who's at the door, An-" her father stopped short when he saw Jack.

"Jack, is it?"

Jack nodded, "nice to see you again, Mr. Arendelle." They shook hands.

"Yes," Mr. Arendelle replied. "May I ask what you're doing here?"

"I came to see Elsa," Jack said and just then he heard footsteps coming down the stairs in front of him. Elsa was in a plain blue shirt and soft shorts. She smiled when she saw him.

"I didn't know we were going to have company," her father told her.

"Jack's my friend, Papa, he can visit whenever he likes."

"Mmhmm," Mr. Arendale answered, looking thoughtful.

"It's nice of you to drop by, Jack," Elsa said, finally turning to jack. She hugged him quickly. He went to hold her hand but she didn't let him.

"Jack won't be a bother, you can go back to your breakfast and packing, Papa." Anna said, trying to help.

"Alright. I'm still in the house if you need anything."

"We know." Both girls replied. With that, he went back to the kitchen without another word.

"You haven't told him?" Jack turned to Elsa the moment he left.

"Oh my gosh Jack! What happened to your face?" Elsa gestured to his bruised cheek.

"It's nothing. Have you told him?" He repeated the original question.

"Well, um. No. It's never popped up in conversation, or anything..." Elsa said quietly.

"You have to tell him we're going out sometime, otherwise he treats me like some kind of homeless boy living on the streets."

"He does not," Elsa countered.

Jack gave her a look that said otherwise.

"Alright, I'll tell him, after the trip."

"Are you leaving?"

"No, but my parents are. They'll be gone for 2 weeks."

"When?"

"Monday. The day after I get a cast on."

"Excited?"

"Yes! I finally get this brace off! You have no idea how much it itches," Elsa said, holding her left arm up.

"Sounds exciting."

"Speaking of exciting, what happened to you?" She looked worriedly at his cheek.

"Well, a man at the ice rink was especially impatient and sorta took a swing at me."

"I see he didn't miss..."

"Heh, he did the first time, but uh, obviously it wasn't repeated."

"Oh, Jack, you have to stop getting yourself beat up," Elsa gave him a little smirk.

"Ha, well I'll try not to make it a habit." He gave her his hand again and this time she took it.

❄❄❄

"We're going to make a run to the store," Elsa's mother told her as they headed to the door.

"Okay, see you later, then."

Jack was sitting on the floor and Elsa on the couch cross-legged by his side.

"Bye!" Anna yelled as she came down the stairs. When the door was shut, Anna came down and sat next to Elsa.

"You know what you guys should do?"

"What?" They both said at the same time.

"Go to the Summer Dance with Kristoff and I! You guys would be so cute!"

"Sorry, Anna. I don't dance."

"Yes you do!"

"No, I don't."

"Yes! I saw you in your room the other day dancing to your favorite song!"

Elsa's cheeks flushed red as she avoided eye contact with Jack.

Jack, of course, smirked and looked at her slyly, "Really," he said, amused.

"No," though it was obvious she was lying.

"What song?"

"Nothing."

"Let It Go! It's like her favorite song ever!" Anna kept going. Elsa wasn't sure if she was trying to embarrass her or not.

"I'm not sure I've heard it."

Anna gasped, "we must educate you then!" She quickly pulled a shelf of CDs out of the TV center and inserted one in the player. Before long, the tune was playing.

When the chorus came, both girls sang, "LET IT GO!" At the top of their lungs.