I'm Not Sure if This is a Good Sign

It was Saturday morning and Jack still hadn't answered her. She didn't want to text him again, she'd look desperate. And, after all, they weren't dating, so he wasn't obligated to answer her and listen to her problems. Elsa usually wasn't one to share with others. She had trouble opening up to people, but with Jack, she felt like she could tell him anything. It was weird and Elsa didn't know how else to explain it. Maybe it was his joking personality or the way he seemed so casual about everything.
"Ugh, I'm thinking about this too much," Elsa said to herself. She glanced at her phone again. Still no messages or calls. She cuddled up on her bed. It was really hot this morning, but the AC was up a few notches too high. She sighed and reached for a book when her phone beeped.
❄❄❄
Jack got up early and got a ride from North. His mother was home, unfortunately, because it was the weekend. "Hi, Mom."
He set his stuff down in a chair and went to get a toaster waffle.
"Why didn't you call me earlier, Jack?" She looked drowsy. She sounded kind of old, which was strange. Jack had always thought of his mother as pretty young.
"I don't know, the thought slipped my mind. And I was tired."
She stood up from the kitchen chair and turned Jack to face her. She grasped his shoulders like he might fall. "Please, Jack. Don't you ever do that to me again."
He saw hurt in her eyes. It devastated him to see her like this. He nodded.
"No, I want to hear you say it," she sounded desperate.
"I promise I will never leave you in the dark," he hugged her.
"Good." She whispered in his ear. She seemed relieved now.
He pulled away. I'm going to go rest now, I'm still tired from last night.
She simply nodded and Jack went up the stairs to his room.
He was about to go to sleep when he went scrolling through his phone. Then he saw the message from Elsa.
Elsa: I'd like to, uh, talk to u when u have time..
Jack peered curiously at the words.
Jack: yeah?
❄❄❄
Jack: yeah?
Elsa was thankful he had answered, but now felt awkward about the whole situation.
Elsa: Hans is back.
Jack: so?
Elsa: he won't leave me alone.
Jack: tell him your boyfriend will get him ;)
Elsa: he knows I don't have a bf. he stalked my fb
Jack: woah woah woah, he was stalking my gf Facebook page!?
Elsa: jack...
Jack: ok, what are u gunna do about it?
Elsa: idk tell him to go away I guess
Jack: what all did he do this time?
Elsa: texted me and showed up at my house saying I owed him
Jack: what does he want from u?
Elsa: I have no idea
Elsa did have an idea. Something about a date, but she didn't want to tell Jack that.
Jack: then just ignore him
Elsa: how?
Jack: simple stuff, make your fb profile private, lock your door, block his #
It sounded simple enough. Elsa felt stupid now.
Elsa: thanks, Jack.
She needed to change the subject.
Elsa: what have you been up to?
Jack ;) nothing
Elsa: I have a hard time believing that
Jack: when you get to know me, you'll believe me
When she got to know him. Did that mean he wanted to spend time with her? Elsa was confused and a little joyful.
❄❄❄
Just as he sent that text, he regretted it. He hadn't really thought about what to say, he never did in front of her. He felt loose around her. She was just a game.
She probably thought him a loser that wanted her. The text said 'seen' but he didn't get a reply from it, making him even more nervous. Why was he nervous? He was always able to keep his cool, but this somehow made his heart jump.
❄❄❄
That night, Elsa performed at the ice rink. She made a couple mistakes, but she was not focused on skating. Suddenly Monday was here.
Elsa received a text Monday morning.
Hans: I have a deal to make.
Elsa: what.
Hans: go on one date with me and I will leave u alone
What was he planning in his cat-like brain?
Elsa: I like the sound of the second part
Hans: is that a yes?
Elsa pondered this. It might be worth it, but what was he going to do to her.
Elsa: how do I know u wont murder me on this "date"
Hans: because we'll go to a place only u know.
Elsa: and that is...
Hans: a show at the ice rink
Elsa thought this was a pretty good deal for her. If she needed help, there were plenty of people around. Why was she even considering this! This was Hans! He probably had some master plan of evil, or something.
Hans: tonite at 7. Don't b late ill pick u up at 6:45
Elsa: I didn't even agree
Hans: but u were thinking about it and that's almost the same thing ;)
Elsa: hardly.