Chapter One

The beginning is always interesting. A start from which one may understand to complete and utter confusion. What lays left in the wake of a beginning is that of a middle and an end. But how does one continue if a never-ending beginning lay before them completely?

For many years now, (Y/N) let herself feed on the wrath of Thanos. The blood spilled on an innocent planet lay bare in her frozen veins– so cold she may have been able to freeze time itself, turn everything back. Create a new Titan; one that did not know of Thanos or his undying need to create mercy where only murder may lay. He had once lived on the now vacant exoplanet. His home, a family, friends– they had all resided at one point. Due to being born a mutant, Thanos left no room for the true definition of mercy, but only his. Where thousands had lived suffering, he decided to kill it.

(Y/N) had been only a child when the wrath of a violent civil war broke out. She was oblivious to a means of escape and often wondered why her parents so strongly encouraged the act of cowardice. Little had she known, cowardice would kill all in its wake. Even those who believed themselves to be the bravest suffered the wrath of the reality the universe plagued them with.

When the war had finally ended, and Thanos had immediately discovered his peace, she was the only survivor. How you might ask? It'd be such a shame to spoil it for you.

It was morning to (Y/N). A day that was far from rising with sunshine and the sound of chirping birds. No, what lay before her had been a completely baron wasteland. The small gasps of a dead wind strolled throughout a shack she called home. Materials such as old cloth, scrap metal from numerous ships and buildings all around her, and small pipes and rods to keep her abode from crashing to the ground.

This day marked what someone on Earth would describe as a birthday. At a rough age of over a century, her physical appearance made her look as if she was still but a young adolescent. What most would consider a teenager or an early twenty-year old. Long (H/C) hair cascaded over her shoulders, dust collected on the tips and only a day without bathing herself still made her look radiant and lively. Scars outlined portions of her face. Specifically one that eroded itself into the skin of her cheek, acquired after a battle with a Wanderer from other planets.

Walking over to a make-shift pantry, (Y/N) felt her stomach rumble. She sighed out of irritation and annoyance.

Today is the worst day to whine, my friend.

She shuffled through berries laying on a small block of wood, surely molded and inedible. Fingertips grazed against a small, plump, red fruit.

Her stomach rumbled again.

For the love of Titan, I sound like I'm starved.

With a small huff, she backed away from the pantry. Her right arm came just in front of her, chest-level, and still. Closing her eyes, she thought of something that was soothe her rather annoying digestive system.

A small light glistened in her hand, a pink and red hue made its home in her palm. With eyes squeezed shut, she considered a palm full of raspberries. This type of fruit had been completely foreign to Titan until (Y/N) came across a Wanderer carrying such food.

Suddenly, a supply of dampened berries rested in her palm. Her eyes popped open and she smiled in delight at her first accomplishment of the day. She slipped a raspberry into her mouth, a sour taste filled her tastebuds momentarily until a waft of sweetness overcame.

If only berries had been Thanos' weakness.

Eating her breakfast, all was still. The vacant planet of Titan, for just a few moments, felt lively and tranquil again. She reminisced on the days her mother would send her out picking for berries.

"You be good now," Her mother always said before a short journey, "You keep your eyes wide open for those berries. Your father will go crazy without them."

She smiled softly.

You must be having all the berries you wish for now, Mother.

In just a few minutes, the berries that once coveted her calloused palm quickly filled her stomach. She waited a few seconds to see if her stomach would complain again. After no interruption to her silence, she breathed out a sigh of relief. After that small breakfast, she could once again go throughout her days without a worry for food.

The day had gone by slowly. (Y/N) had come up with an objective after her delicacies in the morning: find more parts for her shelter to keep it from falling over.

As dry as Titan had been for many years, gusts of wind would torment her in the night. The cloth she used as a rooftop often blew away. After years of recreating homes, it'd only be reasonable to assume she took to an abandoned building for shelter. However, that would never be the case. The outside world proved to be more attractive with challenges and action than a crumby building that could collapse and kill her at any moment.

When on her search, she'd made her way into a small, sideways piece of architecture. The windows had been obliterated, wood used to build the structure eroded as days had passed, though she could only assume in the moment. Rummaging through the old home, she found a piece of cloth that felt like a fabric resembling wool. As she picked it up, it rested heavily in her hands.

This will do.

She grabbed the wool fabric and slung it over her right shoulder with a small grunt.

This is what you spend your time on, (Y/N), really? You could travel anywhere and yet you remain in this wasteland.

Unexpectedly, a loud sound, almost as if someone had punched her in the side of the head with heavy force, erupted throughout the lands of Titan. This sudden noise caused (Y/N) to drop her belongings and stand completely still. With her expertise in stealth and the fear of ever being discovered as the last organism on Titan, she froze.

The noise got louder.

What the...?

Suddenly, a craft came barreling toward her current position. The floating metal resembled that of an open sphere; sparks danced across the bottom of the flying craft and as it got closer to the home she had been looting, she realized it would not hesitate to kill her.

Come on!

Without hesitation, she slipped away from the structure. Dust kicked up from the ground, covering her wool roof and pants, and she waited for it to clear.

The dust of her stealth would not be the only thing she would be waiting on.

The craft suddenly barreled toward a tall building to the right of her. A loud crash rippled throughout Titan as the metal flew off both the craft and the building it decimated in its wake. For just a few seconds, (Y/N) could've sworn she heard screaming far off in the distance but this noise would soon hush.

And she would wait.