Chapter Six

A rather large gasp ventilated throughout (Y/N)'s lungs as she awoke with a start. Perspiration clung to her forehead, neck, and back. Her chest was heaving with every second that passed by and for some reason, she remained silent.

Nightmares were common to her. She could not dream sweet dreams any longer. As a child, she dreamt of warm days and small instances of picking berries with her mother and father. Now, only death and rage blanketed every crevasse of her mind.

Thanos had done this to her.

Mental and emotional pain would forever be apart of her every day existence. She would never know true stability; she was scarred and diseased. The parasite that had decided to devour every remaining happy memory stayed put; an incurable disease that even the death of Thanos could not cure.

Revenge would not make her parents come back.

Revenge would not make Titan a sustainable, lively, and flamboyant planet again.

But it would undoubtedly make her feel a whole hell of a lot better.

After a few days away from the Avengers, (Y/N) would have thought they'd come up with a plan to stop Thanos. Regardless of Strange's incessant prodding that nothing would be able to cease his wrath, it would've been at least a little intelligent to maybe find a way that something could work.

Their solution was only a few miles away.

"Just a hop, skip, and a jump," She could remember her mother saying— a phrase that never really made much sense to her until she learned slang and lingo that belonged to surrounding areas.

She didn't want to be a weapon. She was not an accessory— she was not a thing.

But she was the only one who could stop Thanos. Strange's ability to manipulate time would not stop him; Peter's inhuman abilities would not stop him; even Tony's billion dollar nano-tech would be no match for a being as powerful as Thanos.

Only her.

Ever since the death of her parents, (Y/N) never thought she'd have to ability to save someone.

Now, the ability to save the universe rests in her palms.

She was one living, breathing, functioning individual with the responsibility of protecting billions of others.

(A/N: I apologize that this is so short. I hope to update longer chapters in the future! -Abi)