Chapter Seventeen

"Good morning, (Y/N)."

Titan's sun shown directly through the little girl's window. Plants her mother had given her for a rather special occasion a few weeks previously sat on a wooden table, soaking in the sunlight like water. 

"Good morning, mama."

A lethargic tone tumbled out of the little girl's mouth, small hands coming up to her eyes to wipe away the sleep. The smallest yawn puffed in mid-air, a small clicking noise sounded from her mouth as her lips smacked together momentarily. Her world seemed momentarily hazy, but her mind was so alive. 

"Did you rest well?" 

 Warmth fell out of her mother's words. She always cared about her daughter. Made sure she slept well even when nightmares ensued. The smallest lullaby could send the girl right off to a tranquil sleep. Caring for something that came from her made being a mother so beautiful. She'd been alive for quite sometime, but nothing made her feel as alive as her daughter. 

"Yes, mama." 

Her mother sauntered over to her, a gentle hand brushed the strands of hair away from her daughter's face. The smallest grin peaked through which caused the cutest giggle to erupt from the girl's lungs. No matter how many times her mother did that, giggles would always seem necessary. She couldn't help herself. Being a child, laughing at compassion before soaking yourself in it is an allusion to gratitude.

"Do you see that?" (Y/N) spat, small streaks of saliva pouring out of her mouth as she gritted her teeth and kept her right hand pushed up against Thanos' forehead. Her other hand stayed in the same position it had been when she snapped her fingers, "Do you see that?!"

She wanted him to see it.

She wanted him to feel it.

She wanted him to understand all of the love she had been given for a few years of her life only to have it ripped away in seconds. Just the mere fact that it had been so easy for him to take that away from her made her more furious. Thus, the pressure she'd been applying on his forehead only grew stronger. His screaming grew louder. And a light that had flashed just momentarily when she snapped her fingers began to form at the base of his neck; skin that was once a warm purple quickly turned into the lightest shade she could possibly think of. He was going to die from the inside out and she wanted to see all of it

"Killing me..." Thanos choked, small spurts of blood came out of his mouth as he did so, "Won't...bring them...back..." 

She knew that.

She'd always known that.

But killing him would allow the universe to finally know peace

She would not have to be afraid of Titan being overrun or destroyed anymore.

Wanderers would disappear.

Creatures from Earth would stay away and she would finally be able to make it her home again. And being the only one alive on such a beautiful planet did not bother her. In fact, it gave her hope. She could finally turn the world into anything she wanted. She could make it for her parents. She could plant her father's favourite berry bushes, her mother's favourite trees. She could finally memorialize Titan and receive the closure she was never, ever given. 

"I don't think you understand," She applied more pressure, the light continued to move upward, now at the creature's jawline, "My parents are not the only reason why you deserve to die here today." 

Mustering what little energy he could, Thanos chuckled cynically, spitting blood at (Y/N)'s face in the process, "Enlighten me." 

Sighing, (Y/N) wiped the blood from her face and pushed against his head harder until his whole face was covered in the brightest light across the spectrum.

"I'd rather your Gods do it for you." 

An uncanny amount of yelling began to fly out of Thanos' mouth. As he did so, she retracted her hand from his forehead and watched as the entire planet became a shadow as he became a ball of light. 

And disappeared.

Where no one would find him.

Where no one would love him.

Where no one could be afraid of him.

Ever.