Chapter Twenty

Meeting back with Tony, Peter, Quill, Mantis, and Drax was probably a rather large mistake on Strange's part. He shouldn't have disappeared to begin with, but he needed to see whether or not (Y/N) was stable enough to stay on her own. Unfortunately, it was incredibly apparent that shew as not stable whatsoever. No matter how many times she attempted to persuade him verbally that she was alright, her injuries and her exhaustion spoke in much louder volumes.

"There you are!" Tony exclaimed, jumping up from the pile of rubble he'd been trying very hard not to doze off on, "You could've at least told us you were going to be with her for a bit instead of, oh I don't know, lying and say you were scavenging for possible supplies?" 

Strange sighed and placed his fingers at the bridge of his nose. Tony's attitude had always been so exhausting to him. That grown man could be worried sick one moment and then completely dismiss his worry and replace it with anger or annoyance. 

"I was just trying to make sure the woman who saved our lives was alright." 

"And?" 

A rather helpless expression became vibrant on Strange's face and he shook his head in defeat, "She's not doing very well. She's got a few cracked ribs, a swollen right hand that could potentially have been fractured during her fight with Thanos. She said she was applying a lot of pressure to his forehead to get him to feel every sort of pain imaginable," He cleared his throat, not realizing he was accidentally talking a little too fast, "Not to mention her lethargic attitude. Her exhaustion is beyond apparent but she insists she's alright." 

Every person surrounding him drooped their heads in minor defeat. Even though the whole universe had just been saved, the idea that their savior was not doing well was disheartening. 

"We can't leave her here," Mantis said, coming out from behind Quill and Drax, "You should take her to Earth, Doctor Strange," She insisted, "You may be able to aid her well there." 

Tony, Peter, and Strange all looked at each other then back at Mantis and then back at each other.

"She'd be confused out of her mind on Earth. Maybe she's visited or something before, but treating her there?" Strange put his palm flat on his forehead, smoothing out his hair in slight frustration, "It'd probably be a nightmare. We can't do blood transfusions because we don't know her blood type so we'd have to figure that out and then we'd have to make sure she's not allergic to human medicine. It's just--" 

Peter let out a sarcastic chuckle, folding his arms as he listened to Strange speak and then interrupted him, "You guys do realize she probably has powers to help her heal quickly, right? She's from Titan and she just killed him. If she can't heal herself, then why would taking her to a hospital on Earth be any better?" 

All of the adults stood there in silence. 

Peter was right.

If (Y/N) was able to harness the powers of all the Infinity stones without needing to actually physically possess them, that had to mean that she was capable of personal healing, right? How could it not? Killing someone who was always said to be invincible has to prove her abilities.

"The people may want to thank her personally," Mantis insisted, "I know I want to." 

"How kindly do you think a planet full of skeptical human beings will react to someone from another world they don't even believe in?" Tony mocked.

Mantis shrugged, "I do not know. Taking her there will help you figure that out." 

"Why are you so hell bent on having us ship her back off to Earth with us?" Tony blurted, arms crossed against his chest, eyebrows furrowed in irritation, "Why can't she go with you?" 

As soon as the question slipped out of his mouth, he regretted it. He'd quite literally just been informed of their loss of Gamora or the disappearance, anyway. How could he be so insensitive? He knew they were going to go look for Quill's partner. Taking (Y/N) would only make it  larger hassle. 

"Actually, never mind," He corrected himself, "We'll take her and try and sort stuff out." 

"Will we have to return her to Titan after everything's done?" Peter asked.

Both Strange and Tony shrugged.

It was likely the girl would like Earth more. But it was also likely that she would yearn to return home. 

First thing was first, though. 

They needed to convince her to come with them.