Chapter Seven

"You guys expect to save the whole universe and yet you can't even manage to fix more than a ship in one week?"

The air surrounding (Y/N) and the three men suddenly went stale. She had to keep herself from letting out a rather cynical chuckle. Their inability to complete more than one task in a week to her was pitiful, to say the least.

Strange huffed, "I'd like to see you try to fix an entire spaceship with little salvageable parts and try to come up with a plan to save the galaxy," The jeering facial expression he flamboyantly threw onto his face made her stomach crawl, "Not so easy, hm?"

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "Please," She stated with impeccable attitude, "I've kept a region of the galaxy alive for over a century. Do you know how much work that takes?"

Strange swallowed, suddenly realizing his argument was incredibly invalid.

"I've managed to sustain life forms that you humans have never even seen before," She prodded their pride, "I've created living, breathing, functioning organisms," (Y/N) smiled triumphantly, her shoulders and head held high, "Do tell me how difficult it must be for you—three Avengers—to fix a ship."

An argument did not erupt between the four individuals. Instead, the men stood—silent. They were standing in front of a Titan, a woman who'd gained exponential experience throughout the entirety of space. How could they argue with that? It'd be a death wish, to put it simply. She could've fixed their spaceship in a mere two days, she could've immediately come up with a plan to stop Thanos—she did have a plan to stop Thanos—but did they deserve to know it?

Don't be so selfish, (Y/N). Your home is not the only one that's worth something.

"Have you ever heard of the Light Elves that once inhabited this planet?" She asked out of the blue. She knew they would say no, but it was ease her conscience to give them a lesson.

As she expected, all three men shook their heads.

"At the beginning of Titan, there were Light Elves. A tranquil pack of culture that decided to inhabit this beautiful planet. Where their culture originated had not been far from Asgard which later proved useful to the Titans that soon followed," Momentarily, (Y/N) let her right hand extend in front of her, a warm purple, fluorescent glow fabricated in the middle of her palm; her eyes resembled the same pigment, pupils overflowing with the deep hue of purple, "For many years, I have studied the history of this place. I have watched over the buildings as they continue to lay decrepit."

Strange's eyes widened, his mouth falling slightly ajar. Tony's stomach clenched and he had to refrain himself from saying something that would make him sound stupid. Peter, on the other hand, was not fearful of being inquisitive.

"Have you always had powers?" Peter asked, staring intently at the purple that deepened its hue in her palm, "Did you have to learn how to use them or did they come naturally?"

Delighted by his question, (Y/N) answered, "After my parents had been slaughtered before me and my home became vacant, I studied ancient texts that filled the shelves of old sanctuaries and libraries," She looked to his eyes, the young boy's reciprocated the same purple illumination, "After years of being curious and finding out that only certain families of Titan possess ancient powers of the Infinity Stones—power, reality, mind, time, space, and soul—I wondered if I could possibly be the key to the revenge Thanos so deserves."

Tony looked to the ground, his chest thumping with every passing second as he asked the question that could make or break destruction and revival.

"You can save the galaxy?"

Nodding, (Y/N) rid of the coloration from her palm and eyes, "You humans are always so quick to think that everything can begin and end with materials," A soft, sarcastic chuckle flowed out of her throat, eyes scanning back and forth through the three men that stood just before her, "But you never think that one person can do something so great."

"Saving the human race has always been our specialty," Strange retorted, "How could you be able to do the same without a people to protect?"

Her heart throbbed.

So naïve...

"Can you see futures, Mr. Strange?"

"Yes," He cocked his brow in confusion, staring at her, "Why?"

"How many?"

"14,000,605."

"And how many did you succeed in?"

The man looked to Tony and Peter, a wary expression luminous on his face as he answered her.

"One."

Tony looked to his ally, "Strange, you have got to be kidding me."

"I wish I was."

(Y/N) crossed her arms, looking at the men coyly, "How would you feel if I told you I could manipulate every single future you think you've seen and I turned it into 14,000,605 victories and one loss?"

He scoffed, "There's no way. Thanos is the strongest creature amongst the cosmos. There's no way anybody can—"

She grinned, "You know little of space, Mr. Strange. I've just done it."