Just a Paper

Part 17

Khushi called Buaji as that day was Garima's operation day. Buaji picked her call in first ring. Her voice seems delighted.

Buaji: Hai Re Nand Kishore. How are you SankaDevi?

Khushi: I'm good Buaji. How about Amma? How was her operation held?

Buaji: She is getting high class treatment Titaliya..

Khushi(excitedly): Really?

Buaji: Han. Doctors are giving their best in everything. A specialist who attended your mother's operation is from London. I heard that he is here especially for Garima. Do you know why?

Khushi(confused): why Buaji?

Buaji: Because of your Boss. (khushi's shock was not estimated) He is the one who is taking care of everything bitiya. Your mother is a blessed soul or else she would not get such a treatment. You no need to worry that you are not here to take care of her. In fact, she does not need anyone here to take care of her. The Hospital staffs will make her comfortable even though we are not around.

Khushi was not in the state of mind to talk anything.

Buaji: Khoosiii.

Khushi: J...jee Buaji. She stammered.

Buaji: We should thank your Boss khoosi. I think he knew the pain of losing mother. Please take care of your boss and his mother. I don't know how we can compensate their help. We have no other way to pay them back Khoosii. Do whatever to make them satisfied. Because poor like us, can't even dreamt of those facilities, they are providing for Garima.

Khushi: Jee Buaji. (she said suppressing her tears)

Buaji: we didn't use the money he gave for the operation. So we are thinking to do your marriage.

Khushi: But Buaji...

Buaji(cutting her): Stop it Khoosi... don't start your ridiculousness again. Do you know what our Panditji told seeing your horoscope? (Khushi was silent.)that "Your marriage will happen within six months". Do you think your Rajkumar will come within six months? How does a person who has not come for fifteen years will come now?

Khushi(hesitating): But was not our engagement true?

Buaji(frustrating): It's not at all an engagement. His mother made you wear a chain doesn't mean you are engaged. We do not even know, "whether the boy was aware of this or not which you are addressing as an engagement". We can't understand why some things are happening in our lives. May be it's because of KARMA. That's why they have come into your life. Please don't get confused about the thing which doesn't even exist.

Khushi: I believe everything is happen with reason

Buaji(angrily): It's not your fault. Your mother and her friend are to be blamed. This is the reason old people mentioned that some issues are not to be spoken in front of children.

Khushi: They didn't talk in front of me.

Buaji: Yes I know, you Parameshwari.. overheard their talks.

Khushi: I believe, I will meet him soon.

Buaji: ohh really? From where will you find him? that too after fifteen years... We don't even know who he is. His mother didn't even come to our home after that. We don't even know whether she is alive or not.

Khushi(getting furious): Buaji.... Please don't say like that. She is so good. She said in between her tears.

Buaji(painfully): she is so good doesn't mean she won't die.