Discussion

Part 27

Khushi opened her eyes from her sleep and stretched her body. She stopped in the same position when her eyes fell on Arnav who was sleeping on the couch. She was surprised. His neck was tilted in an uncomfortable position. She understood that what made him come here. A lovable smile crept on her lips. She didn't get angry with him for staying in the same room, don't know why. He is a man of respect. He impresses her unknowingly.

That's when Arnav woke up from his sleep.

Arnav: Khushi, are you ok?

Khushi(nodded yes): Ji.

She got up from the bed and Arnav hurried to help her but she stopped him by showing her palm which made Arnav rooted in the same place. He thought that "Again BETHAL on the Tree".

Arnav: I just thought to help you. ( he cleared his stance)

Khushi: you should not touch me before I take a bath. (she told without looking into his face with hell hesitation.)

Arnav(confusingly): But why?

Khushi: it's a custom which I'm following for years.

Arnav(frowning): come on Khushi. We are in the twenty-first century. Still, you are following this kind of customs?

Khushi: We are in the twenty-first century, so can you call Mom as Dad? ( Arnav rolled his eyes) I was raised in that practice and I'll continue to follow it.

She started removing the bedspread and pillow cover to wash.

Arnav: Unbelievable. He said unbelievably.

Khushi: That's why I am saying, choose someone who's in your lifestyle. I will not fit into it.

Arnav: Let me fit into your lifestyle if you are not fit for mine then.

Khushi looked at him bamboozled.

Arnav: will you follow this after Marriage too?

Khushi: Mmm.

Arnav: How many days we should follow these things?

Khushi: Not "we" it's only me. In those days I will sleep alone

Arnav( shocked): what?

Khushi nodded yes.

Arnav: what will you do if I join you in midnights? He asked inflow.

Khushi(in the same flow): Then you should also take bath before touching anything.

Arnav: I'm ready to bath ten times instead of sleeping alone.

Khushi chuckled and got rooted. Her eyes popped out terribly. What the hell they are talking about? She closed her eyes and in no time she rushed inside the washroom closing the door behind. Arnav's state was also not less than Khushi. Doesn't she look comfortable with him? He smiled biting his lips. He came to his room all the way smiling thinking about that "imaginary days".

 He came to his room all the way smiling thinking about that "imaginary days"