I care for you

Part 28

After two days.

As Sara said, Arnav took Khushi to the clinic for check up. Khushi thought he would drop her in clinic before going to the office. But for her surprise he was with her until she was tested. Sara was not surprised since she knows their story. But she couldn't sit back quietly.

Sara: Arnav, you are still here?

Arnav: How can I leave her alone?

Sara: Alone? For your kind information, I'm here to take care of her.

Arnav: But you have many patients to take care of.

Sara: I just said that considering ASR's busy schedule. But I get to know that he give more important to Khushi than his work. (she smiled)

Arnav shifted his gaze to Khushi who was embarrassing.

Arnav: We are leaving.

Sara(looking at Khushi): Take care and follow your medicines. You will get your reports tomorrow.

Khushi: Jee.

Sara admired them until their figures disappeared. Arnav stopped his car in front of the Restaurant. Khushi didn't ask him anything. As she knew he didn't eat breakfast in hurry when coming to the hospital. She was also in hungry. She too didn't eat breakfast because some test had to be taken in "empty stomach".

Arnav: I'm hungry. Hope You has no objection to do lunch at the restaurant?

She nodded no. They entered inside. The manager himself welcomed them and took them to the table as that was a busy hour. He gave them a menu card. Arnav selected something from that.

Arnav: Mutter paneer, Butter Naan...

Khushi(hurriedly): But you shouldn't have Butter, it's rich in cholesterol. It will increase your sugar level.

Though Arnav was surprised but he didn't show it and continued.

Arnav: It won't harm if I eat one day Khushi.

Khushi: why are you risking Arnavji?

Manager: Your WIFE is right sir. Order something else.

Arnav wanted to laugh seeing Khushi's EGG like eyes.

Arnav: Ok fine. One butter less Naan. He smiled at her who looked discomfit.

But he wondered why didn't she deny when the manager referred her as his wife? Arnav was continuously smiling at her. At last she blurts out couldn't bear it.

Khushi: Don't think much that I care for you. I just am reciprocating. That's all.

Arnav looked at her plainly without argument. Sometimes action speaks more than words. In few minutes their ordered food has reached the table. Khushi started having it without looking at him. She sensed that Arnav was not eating. He was sitting folding his hands. She looked at him questioningly.

Khushi: Why are you not eating?

Arnav didn't answer.

Khushi: Arnavji we are getting late.

Arnav: we will leave right away when you finishes.

Khushi: You didn't even start yet but I'm half finished.