First Long Drive

Part29

Khushi reached the Temple after two hours. As Hp told, Panditji of the Temple was waiting for her. They started doing pooja.

Khushi(prayed with joining hands): Babuji, you know what's happening in my life. I don't know why these things are happening. Please be with me. please help me to get what I want. I'm confused Babuji. Your Chutki is hell confused. Please make my life smoother. She opened her eyes as panditji want her to do formalities.

Khushi was so much satisfied with the pooja. She thanked panditji and left the Temple. She came out of the Temple and saw Panditji was leaving after locking the Temple. That place seems so lonely. Somewhat it scared her. There was no single person in the surrounding. That's when she saw a small Devi Maiya idol was kept under the huge Neem tree. She gasped in relief as if she got her lost strength. She went there and prayed to close her eyes. She saw a small earthen bowl with vermillion. She took a pinch from the bowl and applied it on her forehead.

That's when a jeep and two bikes came towards her. She got panic. She saw few men were getting down from the Jeep looking at her.

Each person looked like BUFFALO. They were wearing some badge. She had watched in NEWS about them and knew about their principles. They were not less than rebels and were severe in obeying their rules and regulations. Moreover, they are having a very strong political background. Man, who looked like their leader, advanced Khushi.

Leader: Hey Girl, who are you? What are you doing here? Who are you waiting for?

Khushi(stammering): I came here to do "Shradh" for my father in this Temple.

Lead(sarcastically): Did you do Shradh in closed Temple?

Khushi: Panditji has just gone.

Lead: where are you from?

Khushi: Delhi.

Lead: After two hours of journey without visiting another temple you came here? Didn't you get any Temple in Delhi to do shrad?

Khushi: I don't know anything about Delhi as I'm new.

Lead: Being new to Delhi, how did you dare to travel to this place?

Khushi: I thought to go back soon. But I didn't get any transportation.

Lea: Don't lie. I know you are waiting for your boyfriend to celebrate bloody Valentine's Day.

Khushi(confused): Valentine's day? I don't know that today is Valentine's Day.

Lead: Everyone gives us the same excuses when we catch them red-handed.

Khushi: Red handed? What are you talking about? Trust me I'm waiting to get transportation.

At the same time Khushi saw a car coming there and a well known person was getting down from the car. She was surprised seeing Arnav. Arnav was awestruck seeing Khushi in saree. But he has no time to admire her as he sensed something was terribly wrong. Her scary expression was enough for him to understand. Who are these fellows? Khushi was standing there like a kitten surrounded by mad dogs.

Arnav: Khushi....

He was about to come close to her. Two men stopped him by joining their hands. Arnav shoved off their hands and took a step ahead. The leader of the gang showed a knife towards Khushi which took Arnav's breath away.

Arnav(howling in anger): What the.... hell are you doing?

Lead (looking at Khushi): You told that you are here for your father's Shradh? From where your boyfriend came here? What will you say now?