I'm Maid

Part 23

Shanthi van was filled with pleasing dhoop stick smell in the pleasant morning. As usual Khushi was doing pooja. That's when she heard calling bell sound. She went to open the door as HP went to market. She was confused when she found a woman in her late sixties was standing there. The woman looked at Khushi who was standing with pooja thali in her hands.

Khushi: May I know who are you?

Woman(sternly): I'm coming from ASHRAM.

Khush(excitedly): Ashram? My goodness. She bent down and touched her feet to take blessings.

Woman was shocked by khushi's action. No doubt she wondered.

Woman: I want to see Arnav.

Khushi: ohhh, you are here to see Arnavji?

Woman's eyebrows raised miraculously because of her "Arnavji".

Khushi: come in side. I will call Arnavji until then you please be seated.

Woman: where is Arnav?

Khushi: He is in his room. For your kind information, call him Arnav Sir. I know you are so elder than him. But he is very short temper. You won't get any donation if he hears you calling him by his name. Be care full. She warned by whispering.

Woman: Is he that much aggressive?

Khushi(frowning): Not like that... (pause) But yes.

Woman(sternly): you are confusing me.

Khushi(pouting): Because I'm in confusion. I can't say whether he is good or bad.

Woman: you said he gets angry, but you are talking about him very casually and loudly? What if he hears you? Won't he send you out?

Khushi(wearily): Let him hear. I too want him to send me out. But he is not doing that. (she said pouting)

Woman: why? Don't you like to be here?

Khushi(sighed): Don't ask me that. It's a big story.

Woman: I have enough time to here.

Khushi was about to go from there. She stopped hearing that woman asking.

Woman: who are you?

Khushi: Me? I'm Khushi. she smiled.

Woman: Khushi, who are you to Arnav?

Khushi: Whatever, I don't think, it's necessary for you to know. Actually I can't share it with outsiders. She said hesitatingly.

Woman: Will you share everything with your Arnavji only?

Before Khushi answer to the woman, they heard Arnav....

Arnav: Dhadi.....

Khushi's eyes were widened hearing "Dhadi".

Khushi(in inaudible voice): Dhadi?? She gulped in fear while biting her nail.

Arnav rushed to Dhadi and hugged her. SUBADRA RAIZADA who went to Ashram after Arnav's parents demise.

Arnav(composing himself): App?(you?) what made you come here after so long years? He asked without showing any expression.

Dhadi: Is this the way to welcome me?

Arnav: How do Orphan like me know how to welcome?

Angry and pain were visible in Arnav's tone.

Dhadi(sarcastically): Orphan? It's doesn't seems like that.