House became Home

Part21

Arnav stopped the car with ear paining screech. He couldn't believe Khushi can do this. He leaned back on the seat and closed his eyes for a while. Is she alright? What if she is in any trouble? Should he give her one more day? But what if she needs him there? He couldn't come to any conclusion.

He went inside like a frustrated lion. When he entered, he got halted sensing something familiar.

The same smell that roamed his house a week ago

The same smell that roamed his house a week ago. The same smell which changed his House into Home. He looked here and there not getting anything. Finally he ran to kitchen.

There, he saw the view which he had been longing for. He stood there gulping. He couldn't hold his tears no matter how hard he tried. He wiped his face and made his mood up. Khushi who was cooking in the kitchen saw him. She turned her gaze swiftly. Don't know why she couldn't face his vulnerable face. She sensed he was advancing her. She went to the shelf in the pretext of removing a container.

Arnav blocked her way. Khushi looked at him who was gazing at her intensely. She tried to move but he again blocked her way.

Khushi(sighed): What do you want?

Arnav: Truth.

Khushi: which truth?

Arnav: That, why did you come back?

Khushi(confusingly): What do you mean?

Arnav: I'm asking you that what made you come here again.

Khushi(mockingly): Did I miss to notice that you have sent me forever?

Arnav: you very well know that I didn't mean it.

Khushi(sighed): Because I was allowed to stay there for one week only.

Arnav: But you could avoid coming here.

Khushi: It was never in my thought.

Arnav: why? Are you scared?

Khushi: Scared? And me? Why should I be scared? I did nothing wrong then why should I scare?