44 My Ratna's son

Part 44

Garima embarrassed seeing wrathful Arnav who was holding her hand.

Arnav was here to meet Buaji as she invited him that day morning. He heard Garima's accusation from outside which shocked him to the core. He never wanted them to know about Khushi's stay at his house but it already slipped out of his hands. His mind worked fast. He has to save Khushi from the blame. He couldn't let her bow down at any cost because it was him who is blameworthy here. He couldn't let her be humiliated for the mistake she never did.

 He couldn't let her be humiliated for the mistake she never did

Garima: I don't want to hear anything from you. I already heard enough about you. Arnav: Ohhh really? From whom did you hear? Is that person more trust worthier than Khushi? 

(Garima was tongue-tied) I can understand what you are undergoing right now. And you are not wrong though.

He didn't waste a minute after that. He removed his wallet and Ratna's letter from that. He handed it to Garima.

Arnav: Read it.

Garima opened the letter and read it.

Dear Chotte,

I want to tell you something very important. I liked a girl very much. She is my friend Garima's daughter Khushi, My Chutki. I want her as my bahu. I believe you will like her. Here is a picture of me and Garima together.

Your's loving mother.

Ratna Singh Raizada.

Garima's eyes tear up seeing the pic. Yes. They captured this pic after their schooling. Garima struggled to stand. Arnav made her sit on the couch.

Arnav: When I came to Lucknow last time, I saw Khushi and liked her very much. But she didn't like me because she was already engaged to someone. She was so stubborn in her decision. But I can't let her go easily because I felt some unknown connection with her. I decided to change her mind. For that, I needed a chance, just a single chance to show my love. I came to know that she was in need of money for your treatment. I used it in my favor. I offered her a job through someone. She happily agreed for that. After coming to Delhi, she was not ready to stay there in my house. But I made her stay, giving your operation as a reason. I thought she would change her mind seeing my wealth but nope. She didn't change her mind until the last. But two days before, I got to know about her fiancé through my men who is none other than me. I searched my mother's cupboard because I know if she wanted Khushi as her bahu then she must have left something related to it. she didn't disappoint me. I found this letter in her cupboard. I didn't say that to Khushi because I know she won't believe me. So I came here before she reaches here. (pause) Didn't you notice shock on her face when she saw me here? (Buaji nodded yes) And still she is showing disinterest in me you know that well.

He looked at Khushi who understood what he was trying to prove.

Arnav: you no need to trust me aunty. But won't you believe your daughter and your upbringing? She stayed with me just because she wanted to save your life, because she loves you so much. Please don't doubt her love for you and her chastity. No one can near her because she is fire. She will burn the person before he touches her.