What was that?

Part 32

Next morning

Arnav opened his eyes putting lot of effort. His body was aching due to fever effect. Tiredness was still there in his body. But he was delighted about something. He dreamt of something very insubstantial. Though it was a dream but it felt like he experienced it in real. He sensed some soft, fragile contact over his body. He couldn't say it's just a dream. He could remember that nevertheless he can't open his eyes because of his feverish condition. It was so elated. What was that?

That's when he noticed that Khushi was sleeping in recliner. He was overwhelmed seeing her in his room. That means she stayed with him in his room last night? His voice was so weak to come out. He just tried and it's enough for Khushi to sense that he was awakening. She jerked from her sleep.

Khushi: Are you Ok? (she came to him and touched his forehead by her back of the palm in a checking manner)

Arnav(weakly smiled at her): I'm feeling very tired, that's all. No fever.

Khushi: I will bring something to eat

Arnav(holding her hand): Didn't you sleep last night?

Khushi (hesitatingly): I..i.. had enough sleep.(she said avoiding looking at him)

Arnav: Thank you.

Khushi: It's ok. You took care of me that day and this is my turn.

Arnav (in feeble tone): I will be happy if you respond me back in everything.

Khushi was embarrassed and left from there. Arnav felt something really weird. He observed her steps and then got it.

Her one anklet was missing and it creates sound from only one leg by taking long time

Her one anklet was missing and it creates sound from only one leg by taking long time. He called her.

Arnav (in low tone): Khushi.. Your one anklet is missing.

Khushi bend her head and looked at her feet. She was horrified. Arnav noticed it too.

Arnav: It will be somewhere here only Khushi. Don't worry you will get it.