{5} Cute Little Turtle

3rd Person POV

Isabella was sitting next to Abraham practicing for the Academic Decathlon. Liz spoke from the small podium, "Let's move to the next question. What is the heaviest naturally-occurring element?"

Isabella and Charles rang the bell at the same time. Charles answered, "Hydrogen's the lightest. That is not the question. Okay. Yeah."

"Uranium." Isabella answered and Liz replied, "That's correct. Nice, Izzy."

Isabella winks and smiles at her, "Thanks, Liz."

"Alright, guys, please open your books to page 10." Liz instructed

Mr. Harrington asked, "Peter, it's nationals. Is there no way you could take one weekend off?"

"I can't go to Washington. Because if Mr. Stark needs me. I have to make sure that I'm here." Peter explained

Flash pointed out, "You've never even been in the same room as Tony Stark."

"Wait, what's happening?" Sally questioned and Ned answered, "Peter's not going to Washington."

"No, no, no, no." Sally stated worriedly and Abraham rings the bell, "Why not?"

"Really? Right before nationals?" Liz questioned looking at Peter

"He already quit marching band and robotics lab." Michelle pointed out and everyone turned their heads facing her. "I'm not obsessed with him. I'm just very observant."

"Besides, Isabella is the one who told me during lab." Michelle continued

Everyone's head turned facing Isabella and Isabella said, "I'm his best friend. Of course, I would know. I pay attention to those things."

"I didn't tell you that, Spence." Peter said and Isabella argued, "Yeah, you did. On our usual Study Date Sundays, like weeks ago."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"Alright, guys, stop fighting like a married couple, okay?" Liz said and then asked, "Izzy, don't you have the Stark Internship? How did you get the weekend off?"

"You're in the Stark internship too? Since when?" Peter asked her, with Isabella's eyes widen, and her mouth slightly dropped

Isabella shrugged, "I guess it must've slipped my mind. And I got lucky about having the weekend off."

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, Parker." She continued, looking at Peter. "I completely forgot."

"It's okay, Spence. I completely understand." Peter sent a small smile

Liz announced, "Flash, you're in for Peter."

"I don't know. I gotta check my calendar first. I got a hot date with Black Widow coming up." Flash told them

Abraham rings the bell and said, "That is false."

"What did I say about using the bell for comedic purposes?" Mr. Harrington said to him

---

Once the bell rang and the time was 2:45, Peter immediately opens the doors of the school building. Making his way, to Delmar's Deli Shop, he entered inside and greeted, "What's up, Mr. Delmar?"

He grabs his candy and places it on the counter as Mr. Delmar replied, "Hey, Mr. Parker. Number 5, right?"

"Yes, and with pickles. Can you smush them down real flat? Thanks." Peter requested and Carlos, one of the employees replied, "You got it, boss."