{12} For The Girl I Love

3rd Person POV

The Next Morning:

Now at school, during class, Peter was trying to figure out what the weapon was that he found last night. He tried to see if it had any weaknesses or would cause any harm towards anyone.

Peter hits the weapon with a hammer, then removes the metal that was wrapped around the 'glowy thingy'.

Ned commented, going up to him, "Hey, thanks for bailing on me."

"Yeah well, something came up." Peter replied and Ned looked at the weapon, "Woah, what is that?"

Peter told him, "I don't know, this guy tried to vaporize me with it."

"Seriously?" Ned asked and Peter replied fully analyzing the weapon, "Yeah."

Ned commented making Peter look at him, "Awesome."

"I mean, not awesome, totally uncool that guy

"I mean, not awesome, totally uncool that guy. So scary." Ned corrected himself

Peter responded, "I think it's, uh, a power source."

"Yeah, but it's connected to all of these mechanical processors. That's an inductive charging plate. That's what I use to charge my toothbrush." Ned pointed out

Peter looked at him and said, "Well, whoever is making these weapons is obviously combining alien techs with ours."

Ned told him, "That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said. I just wanna thank you for letting me be a part of your journey. And into this amazing-"

Peter slammed the hammer really hard to the weapon causing the weapon to make a loud sound.

Ned and Peter glanced over at the teacher as the teacher ordered, "Keep your fingers clear of the blades!"

"I gotta figure out what this thing is and who makes it." Peter said to Ned, turning back around facing the glowy thingy

Ned suggested, "We'll go to the lab after class and we'll run some tests."

Peter and Ned performed their handshake, then afterward, Ned asked, "So what happened last night? With Isabella?"

"We talked." Peter replied. "But I was Spider-Man not Peter."

"Did you tell her you're Spider-Man?" Ned asked

Peter quickly replied, "No, of course not. But talking to her, I don't know what it is, Ned. But when I'm around her as Peter or Spider-Man, it felt like I could be myself. You know?"

"So, what's the problem?" Ned questioned

Peter told him, "It felt different. Like wearing the mask she told me things that she wouldn't tell me without the mask."

Ned shrugged, "Well, as long as you guys talked, that's good. Just talk to her as Peter, okay?"

"Why did something happen to Bella?" Peter quickly asked