{16} You Saved My Life

3rd Person POV

Once they met where the team was located, Liz asked them, "Where's Peter?"

"He said he was doing something but he'll meet us there." Ned said to them

"Okay, well, can you text him where he is? We can't be late." Isabella responded and Ned nodded his head

Mr. Harrington said to them, "Alright, guys, come on. We need to go through the entrance and follow their procedures."

He continued, "Flash since Peter is not here, you need to fill in for him."

The team was walking, heading to the auditorium. Michelle whispered, "Peter didn't tell you where he was gonna be, huh?"

"Yeah, and Ned's covering for him." Isabella sighed. "It wouldn't be the first time."

Isabella handed her phone into a ziplocked bag then handed over her purse to Mr. Harrington, "Thanks, Mr. Harrington."

"No problem, I don't want them to think that we're cheating." Mr. Harrington said. "It'll be safe with me."

"Yeah, thanks again." Isabella smiled then walked into the auditorium

The announcer told them, "Make sure all cell phones are turned off."

Isabella sat in between Ned and Liz. Liz whispered, "Where the hell is Peter?"

"I don't know. He should've been here by now." Isabella whispered back

The Academic Decathlon competition began and the Midtown Science and Technology Team were writing down their answers in the booklet.

They also kept on raising their hand and answering the questions correctly.

As time went by, the announcer told them, "We have now entered sudden death. The next correct answer wins the championship."

Liz and Isabella glanced at each other and Isabella sent her a small smile. She reached her hand under the desk and held onto Liz's hand since she noticed she was stressing out.

Liz held onto her hand then they both looked at each other with small smiles. Isabella turned her head looking over at the entrance doors waiting for Peter to arrive.

Isabella sighed to herself and glanced at the speaker who asked the question.

Michelle and Isabella rang the bell then glanced at each other. The announcer asked them, "Midtown tech?"

Isabella smiled at Michelle and nodded her head with confirmation, letting Michelle answer the question.

"Zero." Michelle spoke, remembering the time when Isabella and herself were studying last night and how hard it was for them to get the right answer.

"That is correct." The announcer told them. "Midtown tech takes the championship!"

"Yes!" Midtown Tech Team cheered with victory

Cindy and Ned hugged Michelle as Flash and the boys were jumping with joy, running across the stage.

Isabella and Liz hugged each other and Isabella told her, "We did it!"

Liz smiled at her as they pulled apart from each other. They both started to cheer with the rest of the team then they shook hands with their opposing team.

Isabella smiled at her team then glanced over at the doors with her heart slowly breaking with her mind on Peter Parker.

---

Heading over to the Washington Monument, Flash cheered holding up the trophy, "Whoo! We won!"

"Guys, I'm so proud of you." Liz told them with a smile