{19} Return

3rd Person POV

A week has gone by since the incident at the Washington Monument has happened and Isabella finally decided to go back to school.

Peter was currently walking around school and the word about Spider-Man has been spread like wildfire. All over the news and schools news, all everyone could talk about is the new local Superhero.

Peter smiled looking at the tv on the wall of the school hallway. "This past weekend our Academic Decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the National Championship. Later that day, they also defeated death." Jason spoke through the speakers

"Flash's screaming! Liz's screaming! Everyone's screaming!" Abraham exclaimed

Charles added, "Yo, there were purple lasers, smoke everywhere, it was f****** crazy! Like a Bon Jovi concert."

Mr. Harrington said nervously, "As you know we made it out alive and that's the important thing. I couldn't bear to lose a student on a school trip...Not again."

"Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt thanks to the Spider-Man." Jason concluded and said in unison with Betty, "Thank you, Spider-Man."

"The Spider Mania has been sweeping around the school. How have you shown your Spider Spirit?" Jason ended his report

Peter smiled looking at the tv on the school wall, then his smile faded as his mind drifted to Isabella and how she could've died if he didn't save her.

He pulls out his phone from his pocket and checked for any updates. Opening Liz's Instagram story, he saw a picture of Isabella by her locker with the caption 'when your bby is finally back!! #bestie4life'

Peter chuckles to himself and looks at the time stamp, updated 10 minutes ago. With his smile clear and wide, all he could think was his hope of determination. He placed his phone back into his backpack and made his way over to Isabella's locker.

Walking down the steps, his head turned left and right, seeking for her. Ned came up to him and called out, "Dude! Dude! Didn't you hear? Bella is back in school!"

"Yeah, I know. Have you seen her yet?" Peter asked, facing him, holding on the strap of his bag.

Ned shook his head then asked, "Dude, what does it like to be famous when nobody knows it's you?"

"It's crazy, dude." Peter whispered with a smile, "So crazy."

Ned exclaimed, "I know, right? It's so crazy! Should we tell everyone?"

Peter's eyebrows furrowed, "No, no, man."

"Should I tell everyone?" Ned asked with his eyebrows wiggling in excitement

"No, no, dude." Peter quickly shakes his head, "I don't think that's a good idea."

Ned sends a small smile, "Okay, well, come on, we gotta get to class."

Peter shakes his head and points in a different direction, "I'm not going to class."

"You're already in so much trouble for ditching the decathlon." Ned pointed out

Peter argues, "Dude, listen, alright? I figured it out. The wingsuit guy is stealing from Damage Control. And what he takes from Damage Control is what he's using to build the weapons. All I gotta do is catch him."

"We have a Spanish quiz." Ned explains with his eyebrows creasing

Peter said back, "Ned, I'm probably never coming back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate. So, when I bring this guy in..."

"Peter, are you serious, right now?" Ned asked, "This guy sounds dangerous."

Peter sighed and said, "This wingsuit guy has this plan, alright? I could feel it. I don't want anyone else to get hurt because of me. Spence almost died-"

"You saved her." Ned interjected. "Just like she saved my life."

Peter replied, "I know. I just can't stop thinking that if I didn't catch her on time, she could've died. And it would be on me, Ned. I'm not doing putting her life on the line."

"You saved Bella. I think you always will." Ned commented and Peter replied, "I don't know, man. Who knows what's gonna happen later on?"

"Dude, you want to be a high school dropout?" Ned blurted curiously

Peter started walking away and told him, "I'm so far beyond high school right now."

The Principal stopped him by the school entrance and spoke, "Parker, my office."

---

Isabella's Outfit:

Isabella pushed the door open and walked into school

Isabella pushed the door open and walked into school. Holding on the strap of her bag, she made her way towards her locker.

She stopped her trail in the hallway of students. They all were astounded by the news about Spider-Man. Isabella glances up at the tv and heavily sighed in distress.

Liz placed her arm around Isabella's shoulders, "I know you're probably lovestruck by the whole 'Spider-Man saved my life', but c' mon, did you really have to be M.I.A. and miss school?"

"I had some family stuff to worry about. I gotta take care of that before it blows up on my face." Isabella glanced at her, "Sorry, I was M.I.A."

"It's okay, Izzy." Liz removes her arm, "Don't worry about it. I was joking earlier about Spider-Man. But, hey, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind." Isabella responded as they were walking side-by-side.

"As much as we were all worried about you, Peter was a mess." Liz explained, "Look, I get it, you're mad at him for ditching the decathlon. But, I have to ask. Is there something else?"

"I don't know anymore, Liz. He's just avoiding me. You know, there are signs that he's hiding something. He's just different now, it's weird." Isabella sighed, "Now, I don't know if I could trust him anymore."

Once she got to her locker, she dialed the combination and Liz leaned on the locker next to hers, "He's probably just stressing out and going through something, Izzy. He wouldn't do anything like that on purpose to hurt you."

"It's kind of hard for me to believe now, don't you think?" Isabella replied getting out her textbook, "Doesn't matter anymore, I just want this day to be over with."

"Ain't that the truth." Liz agrees with a nod and they both head over to class

---

Author's note:

Heyyy, it's Alyssa and I know I haven't updated in sooo long.

I'm currently writing and editing drafts and I have sooo many ideas in store for Isabella and Peter.

And yes, I have seen Avengers: Endgame....like 10 times to the point where I know the lines. But yeah, cheers to a crazy adventure and the Avengers.