{18} Declaration Of Love

3rd Person POV

Once they got back to Queens, the students got out of the bus and got their luggage. Isabella stood by the bus with her stuff in front of her. She watches as her peers went up to their families in open arms.

"Must be nice." Isabella mumbled to herself and looks around looking for any sign of Agent Hill.

She held on her arms in an attempt of warming herself up and Mr. Harrington walks up to her, "Isabella, is someone here to pick you up?"

"Yeah, I'm just waiting." Isabella replies and asked, "Are you okay, Mr. Harrington?"

"I'm just glad everyone's safe." Mr. Harrington answers, "How are you feeling?"

"Like I need some sleep." Isabella softly laughs, "I'll be okay."

Mr. Harrington nods his head and Isabella watches Peter and Aunt May embrace in each other's arms.

Aunt May asked, "Peter. Are you okay? I'm so glad you're safe."

"Yeah, I'm fine, May." Peter hugs her back. His head turns facing Isabella and sighed, "I think Isabella hates me."

"What are you talking about?" Aunt May moves back and her eyebrows furrowed looking at Peter

"Something happened and honestly I don't want to talk about it." Peter admits and his eyes followed towards Isabella.

She glances over at Isabella with a small smile, "You guys are best friends. Best friends fight, it's normal. Don't think about it too much."

"I messed up." Peter sighed and Aunt May asked, "Maybe we could give her a ride home? You guys could talk...Work things out?"

"I don't think that's a good idea." Peter said to her, "I don't think she even wants to be near me."

Isabella glances over at the Audi and she held onto her things and walked over to the car. The car door opens and Isabella puts her stuff inside.

She sits down in the car and spoke, "I don't want to talk about it. Nice of you to show up, by the way, it really shows that you care."

"I can't-"

"Yeah, I know. You can't risk people knowing about your identity." Isabella puts on her seatbelt, "Let's just go back to the apartment."

---

In the car, Aunt May spoke, "I can't believe you kids had to go through that. Especially when this trip was for the Academic Decathlon. My God, if something were to happen to you, Peter-"

Peter was silent with his eyes attached to the screen on his phone. He checks and reads the unanswered messages that he left for Isabella. His fingers typed message after message with an apology and the need for them to talk.

"Is everything okay?" Aunt May asked and checks for the rear-view mirror

"She's not answering my texts. Isabella always answers my texts." Peter explained. "I wouldn't blame her if she's mad at me. I've been such a terrible best friend lately. She doesn't deserve this."

"Peter, whatever happened between you, I'm sure it'll work itself out. You are a good kid and you always find a way to make things right. Yeah, you'll make mistakes but that's what makes you who you are, Peter. Bella knows that. For now, just give her some space and wait until she's ready to talk." Aunt May suggested

Peter lets out a heavy sigh, leaning his head on the window, "I can't live without her."

"I know, baby. I know." Aunt May rubbed his arm in comfort, "It'll work itself out."

Peter blurts out, "I think I'm in love with Bella."

"What?" Aunt May is taken back with surprise, nearly almost hitting the breaks

She faces Peter with wide eyes, "You're in love with her?"

Peter slowly nods his head, "And now I think I lost her."

---

Once Agent Hill and Isabella got back to the apartment, Isabella unpacks her things and either placed her clothes in the laundry or back in her closet.

She changed out of her clothes and wore her pajamas. She crawled into her bed and closes her eyes falling in a deep sleep.

Isabella started tossing and turning with her eyes shut in fear. In her mind, flashbacks came one by one of the events that have occurred before.

Agent Hill ran into her room as she heard Isabella crying in pain with a loud scream, "NO! PLEASE! PLEASE, STOP! LEAVE HIM ALONE! NO!"

Agent Hill held onto Isabella, sitting on her bed with her arms wrapped around her, "It's okay, Bella. Just breathe, c'mon you could do it."

"You're okay. You're safe." Agent Hill softly says, hearing Isabella cries, "You're okay, Bella. I'm here."

"I...I felt it. I felt their pain. From what happened at Delmars', at the Washington Monument. I felt all of their pain. And that pain for some reason, it made me weak yet powerful." Isabella admits and sniffled, "I could've done something. Something that could've saved them or I could've gotten them hurt."

Agent Hill pulled back, "Look, I know I told you I would give you some time to talk. But, as your friend, like your family, I should've been there. I should've gotten out of that car and ran to you just like how a normal relative would've done. But, I couldn't. For that, I'm sorry. If you want to stay home, because you don't feel like going back to school, then that's fine."

"I'm pretty sure your father wouldn't mind. He was worried sick." Agent Hill continued and wipes Isabella's tears

"Yeah, I heard his message via voicemail." Isabella laid back down with her head on the pillow

"Speaking of voicemails, the number one person who has been calling you is the one and only Peter Parker." Agent Hill pointed out

"Did something happen?" She cautiously asked, "Do I need to do something?"

"No, it's not like that. He wouldn't do that to me." Isabella replies, "I just don't want to talk to him."

"Why's that?" Agent Hill asked and Isabella replied, "As much as I'm keeping secrets from him, what he's doing is way worse. He broke my heart."

Agent Hill kisses her forehead and puts the blanket over her, "I see the way he looks at you, Bella. I'm pretty sure he'll go to the moon and back just to fix your heart."

"What if he loses feelings once I move?" Isabella asked curiously

Agent Hill replied, "Then he's not the one. But, let's be real here, Peter is in love with you. Whether or not his mind knows, his heart does know."