{17} That Makes Two Of Us

3rd Person POV

Once they got back to the ground level, the team went outside. Michelle ran up to them and wrapped her arms around Isabella, "Oh my God, Bella, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm okay." Isabella hugged her back then pulls back

Michelle told them, "What the hell happened up there?"

"I don't know." Charles shrugs and Abraham added, "Yeah, everyone just started screaming."

"Let's just go back to the hotel." Mr. Harrington spoke up as he was doing a head count

"Peter!" Ned called out and the team glanced over at Peter running over to them

He was panting once he reached the team, "It's about time you showed up, Parker." Flash commented

Peter had his hands on his knees then Liz asked, "Where were you?"

"I...I got lost. Something happened." Peter said to them. "I'm so sorry guys."

Isabella rolled her eyes, "Jesus, Peter, tell me something I don't know."

She started to walk away then Peter called out, "Bella! Wait, hold on a second."

"I don't wanna hear it, Parker. Whatever it is that you were doing is way more important than the team." Isabella replied turning back around

"What? Bella, it's not-"

"Peter! I don't need an explanation, okay?" Isabella told him. "Just leave me alone."

She kept on walking and Michelle called out, "Bella!"

Michelle jogged over to Isabella to keep her company heading back to the hotel.

"I can't believe she almost died." Charles spoke and Peter faced them, "Are you guys talking about Bella?"

"Yeah, she pushed me out of the way. Bella saved my life." Ned told Peter

Peter glanced over at the Monument and mumbled under his breath, "Yeah, I know."

---

Back at the hotel room, Isabella was organizing her things into her luggage. "Bella?"

"I'm not in the mood to talk right now, Michelle." Isabella said to her

Michelle replied, "Alright, fine you don't want to talk. I understand, but you have to tell me sooner or later what happened."

"How can I, Michelle? What do you want me to say?!" Isabella turned around. "I'm terrified. I've never been so scared in my life before."

Michelle stands her ground with her eyes full of worry. "I almost died today, Michelle. And--I don't know, it felt like a nightmare that I can't ever wake up from." Isabella continued

She zips up her luggage, "I just want to go back to Queens. Or at least somewhere else."

Michelle heavily sighs, "You know, you did a brave thing up there. You saved Ned."

"Yeah, well, he knows about Tony." Isabella went over to her laptop, "He knows that Tony's my biological father."

"He knows?" Michelle asked with her eyebrows furrowed, "You told him?"

Isabella nods her head, "I thought we were going to die, so I just wanted Ned to know."

Michelle started packing her stuff, "Look, you don't have to tell me everything. I wasn't there but I know how it felt. How do you I think I felt? Just on the ground watching it happen? It was terrifying to think that someone would go up to me saying one of you were dead."