Chapter 3

Before the pep rally started I was waiting for Lea to finish up her make up. I then realized that a got a text from jack .

Jack: Hey, so will I be seeing you today at the party? :)

Violet : Hi yes I'm coming . Is it alright if I bring my friend along?

Jack: Of course, can't wait to see u ;)

I sat on my bed smiling at the phone until I heard Lea say "Ok I'm ready!!" I grabbed my bag and began to walk to the football field . After the pep rally Jack texted me the location of the party. My heart was pounding but Lea grabbed my hand and guided me to the place.

As we entered the party I saw many kids were already drunk. Some girls were running around naked without even caring about how others saw them. "Hey over here !!" Jack was waving at me in the back and I walked towards him. He was obviously very drunk already . "You look amazing!" "Thank you, you look good too" I replied to him. There were a group of kids surrounding him and I could see that they had a few too many drinks too. "These are my friends , Jack Johnson , Matt, Cameron and Mallory." I looked at Mallory , she was the only girl in their little group. She was so beautiful and I felt uncomfortable. What if he invited her too? What if they are together?

I decided to take a seat on one of the lounge chairs since I didn't want to get too drunk. I looked at Lea and i saw that was grinding on Matt and Cameron. I tried to stop her but she just would push me away. So I just sat down until Mallory comes up and decides to sit next to me. "So how do you like this school so far?" she said to me.

"It's pretty good, the people seem nice " I replied smiling.

"Are there any guys that caught your eye?"

I laughed then said, " A few , what about you?"

"Oh no! I have a boyfriend already, it's Jack"

My heart shattered . This beautiful girl sitting next to me was dating Jack. I felt hurt , why would he flirt with me and even invite me to this party ? To make a fool out of myself??"You and Gilinksky make a cute couple " I said out of pity. "Wait I'm not dating Jack Gilinsky haha I'm dating Jack Johnson."

I felt so stupid but I was also relieved. "Don't worry, Gilinksy is all yours " she said winking at me. I began to blush, it was obvious that I liked him. "Now get of your ass, walk up to Gilinsky and make your move girl!"

I decided that I shouldn't be wasting my first college party by just sitting down. I grabbed my drink and began to walk towards Jack.

I had a smile on my face until I saw him making out with some girl. To my surprise that girl was Lea.

I felt embarrassed and my eyes started tear up. "Omg I'm so sorry " Mallory said to me from behind obviously witnessing what just happened. I walked out of the party, took off my heels and ran to my room crying. I felt back stabbed by my own best friend and I never wanted to see both of them again!