Chapter 20

"Did you decide what you going to wear tonight?" Lea asked while trying on different types of dresses. She looked stunning in everything she tried on.

"Uh, yea I'm just gonna throw something on," I lied. I didn't feel comfortable telling her that I got my dress from Mallory. I wasn't as fortunate as her when it came to money and clothes, and tonight I would finally feel confident and beautiful.

Tonight was the night of the double date, and I felt really uncomfortable. Whenever I'm around both Jack and Cameron, I feel nervous and awkward. Jack kept on trying to flirt with me this whole week, which is completely unexceptable considering that he is dating my bestfriend.

"I'm SO excited, like you don't even understand!!" Lea said jumping on my bed. "This is technically my first date with Jack and everything HAS to be perfect." Lea looked more nervous then I was, which is understandable since this is her first date after Steven's death.

I saw how worried she was so i grabbed her hand to calm her down."Look...don't be nervous, you have me...and it will be fun!" I said trying to convince myself as well. Honestly, I felt like this date will be like hell.

After a while, Lea was able to calm down and get herself ready. She put on a sexy cheetah dress and straightened her hair. I was running late, because I wanted to make sure I looked perfect. As I was applying my final touches of make up in the bathroom, I heard our door knock and my heart dropped once I heard their voice.

I felt uneasy and was not able to calm down in the bathroom. "Where is Violet?" I heard Cameron ask through the bathroom door.

"She is still in the bathroom getting ready," Lea said before calling out my name to come out. I looked at myself in the mirror and took a couple of breaths to calm myself down. "Uh, just a second!" I called out. I smoothed out my dress, and opened the door and the room got quiet.

I saw Cameron holding a boutique of flowers on his hand. Jack was behind him and once I walked out of the bathroom door, all eyes were on me.

"Wow! Violet, you look stunning!" Cameron said while handing me the flowers and kissing me on the cheek. "You look great too!" I said as I was looking for a place to put the flowers in. It was really sweet of him to give me flowers; Cameron overall is so sweet and romantic.

"This doesn't look like a dress you "throw on"..." Lea said with an annoyed face. I felt bad for lying to her, but she looked amazing as well and for once I didn't want to feel like I was less then her. I ignored her statement and clapped my hands, "Ok guys I think we should get going."

As we walked out our room, Jack walked towards me and leaned closer to me. "You look very beautiful," he said before throwing a wink at me and walking away with a grin on his face. I cleared my throat and walked away from him with a blank face.

Lea seemed to look annoyed and didn't talk to me at all during our ride to the restaurant. When we entered the restaurant, I grabbed her hand and walked her inside the girls bathroom. "What the hell, Violet! Let go of me!!"

"Why are you acting this way? You are ignoring me and giving me an attitude. Did I do something wrong?" I asked her but she wouldn't look at me. "No,Just leave me alone!" She said pushing me to get out of her way. But I pulled her back and demanded an answer from her. "Please Lea, I don't want to argue, just tell me what did I do wrong?"

She finally looked up to me and started to tear up. "You didn't do anything wrong! That's the problem, you always have everything I want. This was supposed to be my first date with Jack and unlike Cameron, he didn't get me flowers or call me beautiful, how do you think I feel?" She said trying to wipe her tears, "I will tell you, I feel like shit!"