Chapter 21

Jack Gilinsky POV

The thought of Violet being with Cameron hurt and now seeing them together killed me even more. All i could do was blame myself for acting like such an asshole, but i thought she would realize that she should be with me. I wanted her to be mine and i was such a fool for dating Lea. However, Lea was the only way i could get to Violet now.

While Violet was talking to Cameron at the bar, Lea told me about her "first love." She told me how she apparently dated a guy in high school, Steven, and how he passed away in a car accident. I felt sorry for her, until i realized Violet also used to date a guy named Steven back in high school. She said he also died in a car accident and how when she came to visit him in the hospital, she found out that he cheated on her with her "best friend."

Violet never told me who this girl was, but when Lea told me this, i knew that Lea was the girl in the hospital. "Wasn't Steven Violet's boyfriend in high school?" i asked turning my attention to Lea. She was shocked at my statement and started to become more anxious.

"Uh...yea he was but Steven and I were together too. He wasn't good to her, he would hit her and i tried to help her..."

"Help her? How? By sleeping with her boyfriend?" I said with a disgusted face. She tried to calm me down, "Please Jack, don't make a scene, you don't understand what i went through back then."

"Oh please, just don't talk to me now Lea," I yelled at her turning my attention back at Violet. That was when I saw her kiss Cameron, and it killed me even more. She never told me that Lea was the girl that slept with her boyfriend or how he would hit her and cause her this much pain. She was such an amazing person, and did not deserve being treated this way. I wanted to break up with Lea tonight, but I felt like without her I wouldn't be able to be in contact with Violet.

When we were making our way back home, Cameron and Violet would flirt a couple of times but I just ignored them and looked out of the car window. Lea and I didn't talk at all, thank god, and Violet also avoided all contact with me. As we entered the the dorm buildings, Cameron and Violet walked away together to her room with Lea walking in front of them.

"Uh, I'm just gonna go straight to my room, I'm really tired now," I lied. No one really said anything to me, which was understandable since I looked like the bad guy tonight. Cameron and Violet were still mad at me clearly, and I just didn't want to talk to Lea now.

I walked to my dorm, and changed to my t-shirt to go to bed. This night was hell! After a few minutes of laying on my bed, I heard the door open and saw Cameron walk in. He didn't say anything to me and just changed to his shirt. "Bro, I'm sorry I said that about you tonight to Violet," I finally said to kill the silence.

"Yea man, what the hell was that about? You acted like an asshole!"

I looked down at my phone, noticing i got a text from Lea. I ignored it and just kept quiet. I didn't know what to tell Cameron so i said nothing. I know i acted like an asshole,but what was i supposed to tell him, "I like your girlfriend?"

Cameron turned off the light and lied down on his bed. We didn't say anything to each other, and it was all because of one girl.