Chapter 23

"Oh my god we are going to die Jack, I know it, we are trapped in here!" I yelled nervously while pressing the buttons of the elevator, but nothing happened. Jack placed his hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry Violet, we will get out of here." The alarm was still going off, and no one came to get us out of the elevator yet.

I started to panic, not knowing where to go or what to do. "No Jack, I read about this. People die from this." I started walking around the elevator, "What if I was alone in here? I would've went crazy if I was by myself!" I couldn't even see where I was walking, I had to get out.

Jack grabbed my hand and brought me closer to his chest while trying to calm me down. "Violet, I promise you, we will get out of here. I'm just happy that we are at least together."

It was hot in the elevator and hard to breath. I could feel the air getting thinner and placed my hand on Jack's chest. He was sweating through his clothes, and he was also breathing heavily. "Jack, are you okay? You are sweating through your shirt."

Even in this horrible predicament, he was able to crack a smile. "I'll take my shirt of then, baby girl." I smiled back at him, as he lifted his shirt off. Even in the dark, I could imagine how hot he looks like with his shirt off. Even though I felt his bare chest and his strong muscles leaning next to be, I knew that now was not the time for this. After a few minutes, the lights started to flicker on and the firefighter were coming to help us get out of the elevator. Jack and I got up as the firefighter were trying to open the doors. Apparently we were stuck between two floors so we had to climb under the elevator and jump to safety. The firefighter opened the elevator door and extended his hand to help me get down to the first floor. "You go first!" I said to Jack, scared of jumping down to the firefighters arms.

"No, Violet you jump first. Look at me," he said grabbing my face with his hands while looking at me straight in the eye. "You will be okay, both of us will be. I need you to jump, they will help you and then someone will help me out too."

I nodded my head holding back my tears and doing as Jack said. I bent down and went under the elevator until I felt the hands of the firefighters grab my legs and pull me down to safety. After that Jack was pulled down by the firefighter and luckily he was able to get out of the elevator too.

I ran up to Jack and hugged him for helping me, and for being there for me. Both of us were still sweaty and wet from the rain. I was just happy to be out of the elevator with Jack. I looked up a Jack and tip toed to give him a kiss on the cheek.

The people around us were asking if we were okay, and Jack and I both answered them that we were fine. After a few minutes, they let us go to our dorm rooms and change. All classes were cancelled that day and we were advised to stay in our dorms for safety.

"Come to my room," Jack said grabbing my hand and walking me to his dorm.

"No, Jack I have to shower and change my clothes. I will come after I'm all cleaned up."

He understood and walked me go back to my dorm. "I'll see you later, right?" he asked looking down at me. "Yes, I will come once I get ready. Good bye Jack."

I entered to room, seeing Lea on her phone. I closed the door, causing her to jump of her bed and come to me. "Where were you? I kept texting you!?"

"It's a long story, Jack and I both got stuck in an elevator and-"

"Woah, you were with Jack?"

"Uh...yea we were in the same elevator and we got stuck because of the power outage. So my phone wouldn't work and we waited until the firefighters came to get us out."

"Oh my, how long were you guys in there?"

I grabbed my towel and clothes and answered, "A little over an hour."

"So...did Jack say anything about me? We are not really talking now."

"What? No he said nothing," I said noticing that my voice got lower. "Well, I gotta go take a shower, I'll talk to you later!"

I ran inside the bathroom before she can ask me anymore questions. I undressed my clothes and got inside the shower.

I felt the cold water go down on my sweaty body and let out a moan. I was exhausted and happy that Jack was with me during this elevator disaster. Without him there, I don't know what I would've done.