Mother and Daughter's Day Trip...

Chapter 5 – Mother and Daughter's Day Trip

I had finished getting dressed in the present that our parents had given to Faye and I, once I had gotten dressed I decided that I would take a look around my room, it was a beautiful deep green that matched the end of my hair and there was a four poster bed in the middle of the bedroom at the back of the room and then a matching wardrobe and chest of draws that sat on the other side, I looked to the other side and noticed that there was a desk with holders for pens and other bits and bobs and then I noticed that in the corner by the window was a large couch with a bookcase and I couldn't help the smile that came to my face. I walked over to the bookcase and smiled as there was muggle books in there as well as some magical books that looked like they were for a child, I noticed that this would have been my room had I grown up with them. I noticed that there was a door in the room that I knew wouldn't lead to the hallway so I got up and walked in to see that there was a bathroom with another door on the other end that I was sure would connect me to Faye's room. I can admit that I was a little gutted that Faye and I wasn't sharing but decided to speak to her about that later, I walked out of my room and walked down the corridor into the sitting room where I met Faye and mother, I looked around the room and realised our father was not, "where's dad" I asked.

Mum smiled as she looked over to me, "your father is speaking to your godparents and said that he would be back this evening for dinner" mum said to me.

Faye and I turned to each other and smiled as we both knew that it would be nice to spend some time with our mother and we turned to our mother smiling, "so where will we be going then" I asked.

Mum walked over to me and smiled, "well I thought that we could go to Diagon Alley and have a look around for some muggle clothing as well as some dress robes and of course some new school clothes as your old ones aren't going to fit." she said to Faye and I.

I looked up to her about to ask why we would need some muggle clothing, before I could ask I noticed that she smiled at Faye, "plus I think we need to have a little chat about a certain boy don't we Octavia" mum said to me.

I looked over to Faye and noticed that she was finding the ceiling really interesting and I knew that she had spoken to our mother about Ron. This was when I realised that I hadn't told anyone about my feeling about Ron and only spoke to Faye about them, "Faye you had no right to tell mum about my life, I didn't want to ruin our friend ship" was all I said hoping that mum would drop it.

Mum smiled and pulled me down to the sofa where Faye was looking at me, "I thought the same about your father when we first met, he was part of Slytherin and I was part of Gryffindor we were the complete opposite of each other, and if I didn't go for it I wouldn't have got you or your sister" she said to me.

I looked up and smiled, "well I don't think that there will be anything between Ron and I anymore, I mean he is determined to hate Faye and I as we are dad's children" I said to her.

Mum smiled and took my hand while trying to block my view of Faye and made me look at her, "Octavia, I don't think that Ron does see what he is doing, he might surprise you. Your father did me, I lost a lot of friends when I start to date your father because he is a Slytherin and I was Gryffindor, but I decided that my love was strong enough that I would keep my true friends and well I did" she explained to me.

Faye and I looked over to her and she smiled, "your adoptive mother Octavia Lily was a good friend to me when we were in school and she believed that Tom was not the evil incarnate that people always said he was, I believe that your uncle Severus fell in love with her" mum said smirking.