7B | The Truth May Set You Free

Semaj's POV

Not often did I see Michael choked up or thinking about his words. He was always a let it spray type of guy and dealt with the consequences of his words after. Even though I was his soft spot that didn't stop him from telling me how he felt without restricting himself. I had learned to adapt to his, relatively, harsh words toward me, because I knew he only said them out of love and not spite.

"Do you want to talk inside?" I asked thinking that would make things easier.

"After this you ain't gon want me inside..." he mumbled and those few words forced me to slide my hand out of his.

That small gesture made Michael's shoulders fall and he gripped the steering wheel with both of his hands and started to speak, but I stopped him.

"I don't want to know" I shook my head.

Michael turned his head toward me with a baffled look printed on his face. "What you talkin bout you don't wanna know?"

"Just that Michael. I'd rather not know what went on with you and Nicole."

"How you know this was about Nicole?"

I eyed Michael in disbelief. He was my first real relationship, but I wasn't born yesterday. I was able to catch vibes, eyes, and Nicole made it very clear that she liked Michael. I wasn't sure how far that like went and whether she had deeper feelings for him, but I knew that something was there. On top of that their private conversation outside the movie theatre didn't go unseen, neither did Nicole's bitter attitude toward me the entire night.

"Putting two and two together was easy Michael. Do you think I'm that naïve? You may be my first boyfriend, but I'm not stupid, okay? I knew there something more there because she was acting way too funny to just be a partner for a project. She was pissed at me the entire night."

"She was pissed at me, a'ight? Not you."

"Doesn't matter. She doesn't like me," I retorted and grabbed my phone out of the cup holder and flung it into my open purse. "I'm going to bed."

I unlocked my door, but Michael quickly locked it back making me shoot him a look of annoyance.

"Stop."

"I needa get this off my chest because you're thinking this is something more than it's not. I ain't about to let you go in this house and believe that I slept wit this girl when I didn't."

"Fine" I shuffled in the passenger side and faced forward, my eyes glued to the garage door in front of me.

"She kissed me" his words were fast, but I heard them almost as if someone had put our conversation in slow motion.

"That's it?" I turned to him and his brows raised.

"What? Yeah, that's it?" He eyed me up and down. "You not mad?"

"Did you kiss her back?"

"Hell no" he replied and leaned his back against the car door. "I got my shit and I bounced."

"Okay."

"So you're not mad?"

"Michael what do I look like getting upset over a kiss? As long as you didn't actually sleep with her then there is nothing that I can do about a kiss. It happened and by the way she was acting tonight and how you were acting I could tell it happened a little while ago. But I will say this it was partially your fault for not telling her that you had a girlfriend in the first place. If you would've disclosed that bit of information, then she probably wouldn't have come onto you."