26 | Unconditional Love

I was half asleep as I got up from Michael's bed and slowly walked to the bathroom. I tried to keep my eyes low so the daylight in the room wouldn't completely wake me up. I had spent plenty of nights at his house that I knew where everything was even in the dark. I sat down to use the bathroom, my elbows resting on my thighs as I waited to finish. Then as I looked down I notice the familiar spotting in the crotch of my panties.

My eyes widened and I screamed, seeing the blood. But it wasn't bloody murder scream, but a happy scream. I saw Michel jolt awake from the bed, looking around, before getting out of bed and coming into the bathroom. He turned on the light looking at me with wide eyes and crazy bed hair.

"It's blood!" I yelled, pointing to it. "Look it's blood!" Like a kid on Christmas morning I pointed to the crotch of my panties with a smile.

Michael followed my finger to my panties and first a little smile appear on his face and then he groaned and frowned. "Really Maj?"

I laughed and quickly apologized. "Sorry. Can you get me a clean towel please? And are my pads still under the sink?"

Michael nodded before walking away and I finished my business, hoping in the shower before he even returned. He tossed my towel over the rod so that it was hanging at the top. His hand slithered behind the curtain, squeezing a chunk of my behind. I squealed, almost slipping and dropping the soap that I was lathering my rag with.

"Quit it! Don't touch me!" I whined and Michael chuckled. I poked my head outside of the curtain to see that he had made himself comfortable on the bathroom sink. I rolled my eyes and went back to doing what I was doing. "We still should go to my appointment. Just in case."

"That's cool," he said and I imagined him nodding. "I wanna make sure anyway. A little blood don't mean a period."

"What would you know?" I asked teasingly, rolling my eyes. "Are you going to class today?"

"I missed last week so yeah I guess ima go. If you don't hurry though I just might be late."

"I'd offer that you join me, but only if you don't touch and I know that you wouldn't be able to handle it. If there isn't a baby growing inside of me I definitely don't want you to put one in me now."

Michael laughed. "You're right... you just too damn temptin'." This time I had turned, so the hot water was running on my back so I saw his big hand coming back behind the curtain. I slapped it away and rolled my eyes as he laughed his way out of the room.

***
"No..." Lina chuckled one foot out the front door of her house. "No way."

I smiled, as I leaned against Michaels freshly clean Mercedes. The keys dangled from my finger tips and then I started to twirl the key ring around my pointer finger.

"Can you believe it? He's letting me drive it... without him."

Lina rounded the car looking at it as if it was the first time she had ever seen Michael's car up close. "I see. Why? He tryna make up for bein an asshole to you?"

"Maybe," I replied, shrugging. "I didn't really ask. Honestly, I was kidding about him letting me have the car today and then he just looked me and said okay. Handed me the keys and everything."

"Bet," Lina smiled and then looked up at me smiling wider. "Let's take it for a ride."

A smile appeared on my face and I dangled the keys. "Let's ride."

***

Windows down and Lina's music blaring through the aux-cord we were riding around NOLA on Michael's full tank of gas. We had went to the store to buy some snacks, then the phone store where I was able to get a new phone (after Michael added me as an authorized user on his account), and now we were looking for a place to eat.