27 | I Know You Want Me

Very explicit sex scene... very. Just proceed with caution, because this might be the last one in this book (unless it's slightly mentioned).

****

Semaj's POV

Unfortunately my dad had to leave for an impromptu business trip when I thought about telling my parents and that was a little over a week ago. But I had been spending my free time at Michael's lounging around his place when he wasn't there and being up under him when he was. I knew by the end of this summer he'd be sick of me, but that was okay, I didn't care. That just meant he'd miss me more when I finally leave for college.

But until then I had started bringing little things in like duffel bags of clothes unbeknownst to my mom. She was too busy with carrying a baby in her stomach to notice, which wasn't new. My parents weren't the best and now that I was eighteen their main focus was on Simone which was fine by me, but even Simone was getting tired of my mother's constant hovering. So tired that Simone spent most of her time at the Jacksons. My mother didn't mind it sometimes because it gave her an opportunity to rest and it also allowed Simone to be a confidant for Janet now that Joseph was back in the house.

I had yet to talk to Michael about whether or not he'd spoken with his father and he didn't bring it up, but over the last week things had been very lighthearted and I was grateful. I was more grateful though, that my menstrual cycle had came and gone relieving me of bad cramps and an aching back. Michael played my little doctor going to the store and buying heating pads while making sure I had food to eat while he was home and at school.

But luckily (as Michael would say) the community college's A-term was coming to a close and all schools (elementary through high school) were now completely out for the summer. So for the last two days Michael and his friends had been preparing for finals at Eric's house. They all had one class together (where Michael met the rest of them), so today they were coming over Michael's at eight o'clock to study together.

He was up and scrolling on his phone around five something in the morning which woke me up. Of course he was sorry, but he knew once I was up then I was up. And I didn't know what to do that early other than cook breakfast since I was a little hungry. Then I thought that since everyone was coming over that I'd cook them breakfast too.

I had already showered and everything when Michael finally came downstairs as I was carrying the contents to make chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes to the table. His eyebrow lifted as Joey galloped happily to his feet barking softly, whining for him to pet her.

"What the hell you doin'?"

"I'm cooking breakfast," I said moving between the refrigerator and the table. I grabbed eggs, milk, and the packets of regular- and turkey bacon. "For everyone."

"Why?"

"You guys can't study on an empty stomach. Plus I'm bored and I haven't felt helpful since staying here this last week. You've been taking care of me. So, I thought why not? I can cook breakfast. So," I said holding up the box of pancake mix, "I'm cooking breakfast."

"First of all I don't even like these people that's finna come over like that. So you ain't even gotta do all of this," Michael said gesturing to my lay out at the table.