Chapter 19

Chapter 19

After her esacpe attempt, Sam had been put back in bed and left alone in the now locked room; Luke had even taken what remained of the food away, not that Sam cared. As the silence went on, Sam began to wonder if Percy, Annabeth, and Clarisse had found the fleece and Grover yet, or if they had even survied long enough to get into the Sea of Monsters. Sam quickly shook of that thought; She had to have hope that they had made it, besides if they were dead, she would have sensed it. She began to go over everything she had ever read about the sea of monsters in her head. Hey, she had been raised by Chiron, it was only natural that she learned everything there was to know about Greek mythology, even the fake, and made up stuff.

Sam got bored after a while and started to search the room; she managed to find a change of clothes in the dresser, her leather jacket had been hung up in the closet, and her boots had been shoved under the bed; the only thing she couldn't find were her weapons and Ipod. The ipod was enchanted, so there was no way that it could have been lost to the sea, or broken; as for her weapons, they had to be on the ship somewhere.

She had just started to search through the dresser again, when she heard the lock on the door click and quickly sat back down on the bed. Luke stared at her a moment, before stepping back out into the hallway where the two monstrous bear twins stood in silence. " Get dressed, we're going to have guests soon." He told her and her eyes narrowed as she watched him disappear back out the door.

*******

Sam looked around as she was led on deck by one of the twins, and took in the harbor of Miami beach where the Princess Andromeda had been docked. " Sit." Luke said and she was shoved onto a deck chair. Luke left with his two bear minions, leaving Sam with a random demigod. Sam noticed that he had sat her directly in the sunlight, where no shadows were; he was preventing her from shadow traveling off the boat.

When Luke came back, Sam was shoved back down when she tried to run toward Percy, Annabeth, Tyson, and Grover. " Sam." Percy said, the relief clear in his voice before turning on Luke, who only rolled his eyes before motioning to the demigod that was holding Sam. The demigod let go of Sam, and she glared at him, before moving toward the four of them, but as she passed Luke she stopped, spun around and punched him as hard as she could in the nose causing several people to wince as Luke nearly toppled over from the impact. Sam then flipped her hair, and walked over to stand beside Percy. Like so many times before, Percy actually felt a chill go his spine at the expression on Sam's face; it was the same expression her father wore in the Underworld when he threatened them for the lightning bolt. Cold, calculating, uncaring, and empty.

Once Luke had contained the blood running from his possibly now broken nose, he demanded that Percy hand over the fleece, but Sam noticed the proud smirk that crossed Percy's face as he revealed that they had sent it on ahead. It was Sam turn to feel relieved when she realized that he had meant Clarisse; Luke seemed to realize it to, and ordered for someone to bring him a Pegasus.

As Luke began to pace, Percy played on Luke's frustration before tossing something at him; Sam caught flicker of gold and realized what he had done as it hit the water. Percy drew his sword to keep everyone from looking at the mist behind Luke, and Sam hid her smile as Luke revealed everything to the unknown audience of camp half-blood. The more Percy and Luke talked, the angrier Luke seemed to get before he seemed to realize what Percy was doing, and spun around to find the whole pavilion at camp watching in stunned silence. After agreeing with him that it wasn't Chiron's fault, Mr. D motioned toward Tantalus, and Sam understood; even on a boat Sam's abilities were still quite advanced. She tapped the heel of her boot on the ground, and just as Tantalus was about to take a bite of his burger, he vanished; leaving the burger to fall back onto his plate uneaten.

Luke turned on Percy with a murderous look in his eye." Kronos was right, Percy, your an unreliable weapon and need to be replaced. " Luke told him before a loud whistle filled the air and dozens of warriors piled onto the ship, surrounding them with spears aimed to kill. Then armed with nothing but her glare, Sam stepped in front of Percy. " So, that's how its going to be." Luke said." Your choosing him."

" I'm not choosing anything." Sam said and Luke shook his head. " If your with him, then I can't guarantee that'll you'll leave this boat alive."

" Then fight me yourself, one on one." Percy said pulling Luke's attention away from Sam, just before one of the bear twins dragged a large black Pegasus onto the deck.