Chapter 21

Chapter 21

" Alright, take two." Sam sighed as she and Jacy finished hooking up the skeletal horses, and Jacy grinned. " Maybe this time we'll get to use the watermelon catapult."

Sam let out a laugh at her eagerness to cause destruction, before climbing into the chariot and pulling it up next to Percy and Annabeth, who turned to look at her as she grinned at them. " Careful Jackson, Salda here is trigger happy today." Sam warned before Chiron blew the horn, and the chariots took off down the track. Jacy began to load a pecan pie into the catapult as they got closer to the Hermes cabin's chariot, and Sam grinned as Jacy took aim and hit the driver square in the face. " Nice shot." Sam called out.

" Not good enough, they're right on our tail." Jacy cried and Sam glanced back before letting a smirk cross her face. " Load the melon." She told her and Jacy saluted before picking up the large projectile and taking aim; a second later the driver let out a cry of pain as the melon hit him square in the face, knocking him into his fighter and right off the chariot. Sam high fived Jacy, before cracking the reins, willing the horses to go faster as they entered thier second lap. In the distance they could see Percy and Annabeth going up against the Hephaestus cabin. " Should we help them?" Jacy asked just before Percy drew a shield, shattered Beckendorf's sword, and then knocked him out of the chariot.

" Nope, thier good." Sam said as the chariot then exploded with Greek fire, forcing the driver to abandon it before it was to late. " We're in second place." Jacy cheered as they followed them across the finish line and Sam rolled her eyes as she pulled the chariot to a stop.

********

Sam was hacking away at a dummy with her sword, when she noticed a crowd of people moving toward the hill. She put her sword away, before following after them, but the closer she got to the hill, the faster she began to move when she saw Percy and Chiron hurrying up the hill ahead of everyone else. Sam reached the tree several minutes after Chiron and Percy, but she slid to a stop when she saw the girl leaning against the tree. She had short black hair, freckles and was dressed in all black; Sam had never seen her before, but she knew right away who she was.

Percy was the only one who didn't seem to understand what had happened, and everyone was to awestruck to tell him; then her dark blue eyes opened and she took a breath.

Thalia Grace, daughter of Zeus, was alive. 

End of Part 2