Chapter 57

Meet Me In The Woods - Lord Huron

Chapter 57

When the two children of Hades returned, the old satyr was gone, and Percy looked as angry as Hades when Percy had told him Charon wanted a raise; poor guy never did get that raise. When Mrs.  O'Leary started to sniff Juniper, she disappeared in a poof of green mist. Sam noticed movement in the shadows, and left Percy to talk with Nico as she went to talk with the old skeletal soldier, who had been watching from the tree line. " Who are you?" Sam asked expecting to see someone else.

" The name is Lionel, my lady." He told her, his voice sounded like something out of an old western movie, and Sam frowned. " Where's Philip?"

" Ol' Phil, he felt guilty for you getting caught." he explained. " He thought you wouldn't want to see him, so he sent me in his place."

" That's ridiculous." Sam said, and it was. Philip had been her caretaker since she was 10 years old; he was one of her oldest friends, even if he was dead." Can you tell him that I want to speak with him, and assure him that I'm not mad at him, please." Sam pleaded and Lionel nodded. " I'll do my best, but hes been pretty sour the passed couple days. I think he puts to much on his boney shoulders, you know, because of how he died and all. Tragic, just tragic." He sighed shaking his head.

Philip's death was a story wasn't one you told children, but it was one that Sam knew. In life, Philip had been a good man, but after losing his wife and children in the French revolution, Philip had given himself over to grief, but not before hunting down the person who killed them with an old pistol, before turning that same gun on himself. He had gone to his grave full of guilt, and shame. He had not expected to see his loved ones in death, and there was no mercy in the underworld. He had been sentenced to an eternity of servitude to Hades.

The skeletal soldier disappeared as Sam made her way back to Percy and Nico. Nico was trying to convince Percy to do something, but Percy didn't look to sure about what ever it was. " Nico is right, Percy." Sam said. " Nico is to young for it to be him, and the prophecy obviously doesn't involve me, so it has to be you, and after your last fight with Kronos, your going to need all the help you can get. "

" But Sam-"

" No." Sam snapped causing Percy to stare at her in fear as her eyes were suddenly, dangerously lit by that purple flame in her gaze. " Look." She said letting out a sigh as she tried to calm back down. " Before Luke left, he would constantly have me glance at his aura, and when I looked the last time...." She trailed off before looking Percy in the eye again. " When I look at your aura, Percy, you have no chance of beating Kronos, not in your current condition."

Percy's face lost all color before he swallowed and made his final decision, determination filling his sea green eyes. " Alright, what do we do first?"

After finally convincing them to let her come along, Nico showed Percy how to get Mrs. O'Leary to shadow travel. After Percy and Mrs. O'Leary were gone, Sam smiled at Nico. " Your to obvious."

" What?" He asked in confusion.

" You know what." Sam teased. " Percy is a cool guy, I understand if you-"

" How...how did you..." He trailed off, his face burning bright red. " I..I dont.... I'm not..."

" Nico, its okay." Sam assured with a smile. " I'm sure if you tell him, he'll understand. You don't have to be afraid."

" I...I'm not..." He continued to stuttered before his eyes darkened and he stored off toward the tree line. " We should go, Percy is waiting for us."

Sam let out a sigh as she watched him go, before she followed him toward the tree line. Sam had seen the glances Nico had thrown Percy, but it wasn't until now that her suspicions were confirmed.

Her little big brother had a crush on the son of Poseidon.