Chapter 39

Chapter 39

When Tyson, Grover, Percy and Annabeth were about to leave the next morning, they were stopped by the sound of approaching footsteps, and turned to find Sam sprinting toward them. She was dressed in a jean jacket with A grey hood, an old, black, band t-shirt, ripped jeans, and her black biker boots, her hair had been pulled back in a ponytail, her sword was strapped to her side, she was also carrying an old tattered backpack on her back; a backpack that looked like it had seen quite a lot. Her camp necklace and locket were IN full view, and the leather strap of the compass she had gotten so long could be seen poking out from under her sleeve.

" Sam." Annabeth cried in amazement, as she came to a stop in front of them, a huge grin on her face. " But I thought..."

" What's one more adventure?" Sam questioned with a shrug and Annabeth smiled at her before they turned toward the woods. Sam noticed Percy staring at the sword a her hip, and she gave him a look." What?"

" Your sword, what type of metal is it?"

" Why are you asking?"

" It's not celestial bronze." He said ignoring her question and Sam rolled her eyes before following Annabeth toward Zeus's fist, the entrance to the Labyrinth. Once inside, they started down the tunnel, one hand to the left wall. Annabeth told them that if they stuck to the left wall, they could make it out again, only to quickly change plans when that wall disappeared and was replaced by a round room that led in several different direction. " This is going wonderfully." Sam said when they tried to turn around, only to find yet another new tunnel.

Annabeth chose a direction, which wasn't the smartest idea because the deeper they went down the tunnel, the lower the ceiling seemed to get. When it finally opened up into the next room, Percy shined his flashlight around the room to reveal a bunch of roman mosaic tiles. They started moving again, and every few feet the maze seemed to change. They stopped when they came across a skeleton, but continued onward after a while, somehow making it back to the roman mosaic room, but unlike last time, there was someone waiting for them.

" Janus." Sam said as he tried to get Annabeth to choose a door" The roman god of doorways."

Annabeth was about to make her choice, when Hera appeared in a bright white light. Hera offered the two faced god a choice on whether or not he got turned into a door, and Sam smirked as he disappeared through a doorway he opened the air before him.

Hera used the fountain on the other side of the room to make food appear, and Sam's eyes widened in amazement. The group of 5 sat down, and Hera poured them each a glass of lemonade as they feasted. " More lemonade, Samantha dear?"

" Yes ma'am." Sam responded politely.

Hera explained why the minor gods were joining with Kronos, before offering to give Annabeth a wish in return for them visiting his son, Hephaestus, god of the forge. Annabeth wished for a way to navigate the maze, but Hera explained that they already had a way through, before pointing them in the direction they needed to go.

********

After freeing a 100 handed one from Alcatraz, and having a run in with Kampe, they finally found the ranch that Hera told them about. Sam made a face at the sight of the red cattle that wondered around them, but at the sound of barking Sam turned to look at the two headed dog. A large guy in a straw hat lumbered out of the bushes, they introduced themselves, AND he did the same; he was Eurytion, son of Ares. He tried to make them go back in the maze, but Annabeth insisted that he take them to see this other half-blood that wondered onto the ranch.

Percy asked about the animals that they saw, but Eurytion didn't give him much of an answer. When they reached the big house on the hill, they were introduced to a guy with three bodies. Sam was sure that Percy was going to get them all killed when he stuttered out a greeting, accidently mentioning the fact that he had three chests, but Sam's attention was drawn to the door when Nico Di Angelo stepped onto the porch.