Chapter 67

Chapter 67

The titan army parted for Nico and stumbled away in fear as he approached. " Got your message. Is it to late to join the party?" Nico asked and Sam grinned.

" Son of Hades," Kronos said spitting on the ground. " Do you love death so much you wish to experience it?"

" Your death, would be great for me."

" I'm immortal, you fool. I have escaped Tartarus. You have no business here, and no chance to live. "

Nico drew his sword and Sam turned her gaze toward the end of the street, the purple fire in her eyes burning anew as the ground broke apart, and skeletal hands broke free from the earth and the dead began to rise. The titan army trembled in fear, the sky darkened, and a horn sounded before a very familiar chariot roared down the avenue, and came to a halt beside Nico. Hades himself was at the reins, with Persephone and Demeter riding beside him. " Hello, Father, your looking young." Hades greeted Kronos.

" Hades." Kronos growled. " I hope you and the ladies have come to pledge your allegiance."

" I'm afraid not. My son here convinced me that perhaps I should prioritize my list of enemies." Hades glanced toward Percy. " As much as I dislike certain upstart demigods, it would not do for Olympus to fall. I would miss bickering with my siblings, and if there is one thing we agree on, it is that you were a terrible father."

" True. " Demeter muttered." No appreciation for agriculture."

" Mother." Persephone complained and Hades drew his sword. " Now fight me, for today the house of Hades will be called the saviors of Olympus."

" I don't have time for this." Kronos growled before he struck the ground with his scythe, shrinking the barrier around the city so that it only covered the Empire state building. Car alarms rang around them and people began to wake up, including Percy's mother and Paul Blofis, her husband. Percy tried to get them to stay back, but they wouldn't listen. Hades rammed his chariot into the barrier, which tumbled over from the impact. Hades cursed before blasting the barrier with dark energy, doing no damage at all as Kronos moved his vanguard forward. Demeter and Persephone transformed the enemy and their weapons into plant life, and Nico did his best to protect the now awakened mortals. Monsters and zombies fought up down the street, and Sam caught sight of Philip and what remained of Sam's fiery skeletons doing their best to aid them.

Kronos ordered Ethan and his forces to deal with us, before ducking through the doors of the Empire state building. Percy's parents had reached their group, and Sam smirked as Paul blindly took down a dracaena with a sword he found on the ground, surprising even Percy. " Your step-dad is cool." Sam told Percy, before she went to help Thalia with an advancing giant, only to glance over when Sally Jackson fired a shotgun into the gut of a giant who had been about to attack her, knocking him into the blade of Nico's sword. " I take it back, your parents are awesome." Sam added before she shoved her knife into an advancing dracaena.

Sam was about to go after another giant, when Thalia grabbed her by the back of her armor and dragged her toward the doors. She stumbled several times before breaking Thalia's hold and following on her own.

As they made it out the elevator, they were forced to jump across the dissolving bridge, Sam went first to try and hold the bridge together, while the others followed after her. Annabeth wasn't able to make the jump, and Percy caught by her hand as she fell through the floor as Sam lost focus. " Annabeth." Sam cried as Percy fought to pull her back up. Thalia and Grover grabbed his ankles, and he found the strength to pull her back up. " Hades." Sam muttered letting out a breath.

Want a heads up on when the next update will be? I'm on discord now, and can be reached at Fanfica99#8075. 

Message me and I'll send you an invite to my discussion server.

Tell next time

- ElizabethUnderwood7