Chapter 69

Chapter 69

The Olympians arrived a few minutes later, and the Fates themselves took Luke's body away after receiving a final blessing from Hermes. The next few hours passed in a blur, and Sam felt like she normally did in a crowd, like an outsider. She raised her wrist to look at the compass, but as she started to remove it, she changed her mind and left it alone. She looked up when she saw her brother and father, and smiled at the stunned look on her father's face when his family greeted and welcomed. " So this is where you ran off to?" A voice called out and Sam turned as Ariel and Jacy approached. Ariel's hair was sticking up at an odd an angle, and several cuts covered her face and arms, but other then that she looked fine, as for Jacy, she had was supporting a broken arm which had been carefully placed in a sling made from what looked to be a torn up camp half-blood t-shirt.

Jacy noticed her stare and she limply raised her arm with a sigh. " Made the stupid mistake of trying to loop my whip around that Drakon, got thrown a block and a half, it's just a sprain though."

" Just a sprain? You could have been killed." Ariel accused shaking her head, before she caught sight of something that made her face burn red. Jacy and Sam followed her gaze before sharing a look. " You realize they're off limits, right?" Sam said and Ariel let out a sigh, before Sam went over to see how her brother was handling his new found attention.

" Nice work, little brother." Sam told him and he grinned at her, before they both looked over as Percy was nearly crushed by his own brother as he hugged him. " Hai avuto questa profezia in testa per tutta la tua vita, che cosa hai intenzione di fare ora?/ You've had this prophecy hanging over your head your whole life, what are you going to do now?" Nico asked and Sam shrugged before responding.

" Rendi le cose giuste."

Nico glanced toward her, before they went over to sit at their father's feet; Nico sat crossed legged, while Sam pulled her knees up and looped her arms around her legs. Zeus gave a long speech about a bunch of stuff that Sam only half heard and she smirked as Poseidon teased his brother about his gratitude. Zeus called Thalia forward and after receiving a look from Artemis, Hades swore to move the fallen hunters along quicker then they would have been, and given Elysium as a reward for their service.

Tyson was appointed a general in the Olympian Army and would lead his brothers into battle when it was needed of him, he would also be given a new 'stick'. Grover was placed in the counsel of cloven elders, it was safe to say that he was so happy that he fainted on the spot. Annabeth was called forward by her mother and given the best thing that could be given to any Architect; Annabeth was to rebuild Olympus. Sam was grinned at her friends, all their dreams were coming true one after another. " Percy Jackson." Poseidon called and Percy walked over to kneel before his father.

They offered him a gift, anything he wanted, even the ultimate gift of Immortality. Percy seemed stunned and he looked around the room, before looking toward Annabeth. Sam's smile didn't disappear, she knew what his decision would be, when it came to those two it was pretty clear. What she didn't know of course, was what he would choose as he reward from the gods, a gift that he made sure the gods would give him after making sure that they all swore on the Styx.

He made them swear that all children, of all the gods, would be claimed by the age of 13. No more unclaimed. Tears filled Sam's eyes when he said that even the children of Hades should have a cabin at camp. She shared a look with Nico, who looked just as surprised. Percy left the throne room and Sam let out a breath before flinching as a very annoyed Zeus called out. " Samantha De Morte."

Sam stood before taking Percy's place at the center of the room. " We offer you the same as Jackson, with in reason." It was a warning, one Sam would not take lightly. " And within our power." Hades said, as if trying to read his daughter.

'What was it that she wanted?' Sam thought. Immortality? To stand at her father's side in the Underworld for all eternity? Could she really put up with Apollo for that long? She looked toward where her friends sat playfully shoving at each others shoulders as they whispered back and forth. She looked to her brother, who seemed content with his new place in the world. They all had what they wanted, but what did she want? Then she heard it, it was a small sound in the silence, but she knew it. The clicking of a compass; her compass.

" I thank the counsel for their offer, and I mean no disrespect, but no thank you." Sam said. " Immortality wouldn't suit me, and I have everything I want."

" You would throw away the chance at Immortality?" Zeus seemed confused and Sam nodded. " Yes sir."

" That's mortals for you." Ares grumbled.

" Hail, Samantha De Morte, daughter of Hades, and my cousin." Tyson bellowed as she left the throne room, and Sam smiled. It was finally over.