Chapter 59

Chapter 59

" You know, since your using this entrance, it's a good thing you brought me along."  Sam grinned as they made their way through central park. " Yeah, Yeah, now get the entrance open." Nico grumbled and Sam scowled at his attitude, before walking over to a pile of rocks but as she was reaching for her iPod, something fell from the trees above her. The person would have landed on her, had she not taken a step back to avoid the falling Satyr. Percy went over to check on him and Grover explained that the dryads didn't have a good definition of height and had thought that it would be a good idea to phase him through a tree since he had been on the other side of the park.

He explained that he had been asleep for the passed two months, thanks to a guy with a shifting face. Sam nearly dropped her iPod, when Nico concluded that it must have been Morpheus, the gods of dreams, though no one noticed her reaction to the name. " If hes involved, this calls for the real thing, not some recording." Sam decided before stepping passed them toward the rocks.

" S...Sam, are you sure." Grover said in shock. " To open that by voice alone, it would take the full power of your gift, not some copied melody."

" Wow, what is he talking about?" Percy asked and Grover grinned. " When Sam was about 10 years old, she was summoned to Olympus by Apollo, when she came back, she had that iPod stuffed in her pocket, and refused to say a word about what had happened; not even Chiron will talk about it." Grover whispered.

" You finished?" Sam questioned before she bowed her head as if in a silent prayer, before raising her head and let out the most beautiful sound they had ever heard. (Something like the song above) Her voice rose and fell as the rocks began to shift, and around her everything went silent and still, as if even the universe had stopped to listen. When she stopped, everything rushed back and the three of them blinked as if coming out of a trance. " Wow." Percy muttered in shock and Sam  began to fiddle with her locket, her dark eyes fixed on the ground at her feet." Sam..." 

" We need to go." Sam said before she moved toward the opening.

She was halfway down the tunnel when Percy, Nico, and Mrs. O'Leary caught up with her. " Sam, your voice is-"

" Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before. " Sam scoffed and Percy frowned at her tone. Sorrow filled Sam's eyes and she turned away as she continued. " You know the story of how my parents met, and how the only reason that I even exist is because Hades got to my mom first, what you don't know is that when I was 10 years old, I did something for Apollo, and being so happy to gain the attention of the god of music, I accepted his offer to teach me to sing. I was stupid." Sam said and Percy stared a her in shock. " So, your attitude toward him was-"

" He's had a crush for years." Sam admitted trying to hide her smile. " But that isn't what this story is about. Because I'm a daughter of Hades, and my mom was so gifted when it came to music, my voice causes things to happen. Sometimes with me not wanting them to."

" And the iPod?"

" He thinks that if he saves me enough times, I'll fall in love just like any other girl." Sam said before rolling her eyes. " Also, you can never, ever, mention this to anyone. Do you hear me Perseus Jackson." Sam threatened pointing at him and he nodded in response after glancing toward a nodding Nico over her shoulder.

********

Sam wasn't really paying attention, but when saw Hades' palace in the distance her eyes widened in horror, and she glanced from Percy to Nico several times, but before she could actually say anything the three furies swooped down and landed above them in a popular tree. " I've done what my father asked, now take us to the palace." Nico said

" What did you do?" Sam demanded but Nico didn't look at her, even when she repeated her question. " What did Hades tell you to do."

" This is my new lead, father promised me information about my family, but he wants to see you before we try the river, I'm sorry."

" You tricked me?" Percy demanded before lunging at him, only to seized by the furies.

" Percy." Sam cried in shock before she found herself flying through the air as the second fury grabbed her under the arms and flew after Percy and Nico.