Chapter 29

Chapter 29

When Sam stepped out of the car, the door closed behind her and everything around her seemed to spin as the taco shop disappeared, leaving her, Grover, Zoe, Bianca, Percy, and Thalia, standing in the middle of a huge junk yard. As they started to look around, Sam started to feel uncomfortable, the feeling she usually got before something bad happened, or worse. " Something doesn't feel right." Sam said just before they reached the final pile of junk, which had a pair of feet sticking out of it. Grover threw something at one of them, and they all dew thier weapons, but when nothing happened they went around them just to be safe.

They had just reached the highway, when the giant feet began to move as the body rose from the trash pile. " Whoever took something, put it back." Sam screamed as the giant robot charged at them. They scatted in separate directions, and the giant went after Thalia, only to get caught in some power lines. Sam ducked behind an old refrigerator while Percy and Bianca hid behind an old chariot, Grover ran up a pile of junk, and Zoe hid somewhere else with Thalia.

She could hear Percy yelling at Bianca, and her eyes widened when the giant started toward them . " Percy, Bianca, move." Sam yelled and they rolled out of the way. Grover launched a fallen power line pole at the robot, and the lines sparked as the robot was electrocuted. The giant knocked a pile of rubble on top of him. Thalia let out a cry, before aiming her spear and blasting the giant with an arc of blue lighting.

Zoe shot an arrow up the giant's nose as Percy started to yell at it, call it names and stab it with his sword. The giant tried to step on Percy, who jumped seconds before it would have stepped on him, causing him to fly into the fridge where Sam was hiding. Grover dug himself out, and began to play his pipes, launching another set of power lines toward the robot.

The robot started to punch itself in the face, and Percy started to cheer for Bianca who had apparently climbed inside of it but the moment was short lived as the giant stumbled toward the highway, and toward the still standing power lines. Sam felt it before it happened, but even knowing didn't prepare her for the moment the robot hit the lines.

It stumbled back toward the junk yard with pieces falling off with each step, before it ultimately collapsed to the ground. Percy, Grover, Zoe and Thalia spent the rest of the day looking for Bianca, but Sam knew it was hopeless; she was gone, just like the prophecy had said. " We need to keep moving." Sam said and Percy stared at her like she had an extra head. " We just lost someone, how are you not upset?"

" I don't let my emotions take control of my decisions, now we need to move before we waste anymore time searching for someone who is gone."

" How can you be so heartless?" Percy yelled and she came to a stop before turning to face him. " This isn't heartless, this is focused." Sam said. " People die every day, Percy, and countless more will die if we fail this quest, Bianca would want us to continue on." Sam said and they all looked away before watching as she started toward the highway. " Now, if your all done  feeling sad, we need to go."

The sound of an engine filled the air and they ran over to Sam as a large black limo pulled up in front of her and the passenger window rolled down to reveal Philip at the wheel. " You called, Samantha." He rasped and Sam turned to her friends who were staring at her in shock.

" Well, get in." She told them.