Chapter 54

Meet me on the battlefield - SVRCINA

Chapter 54

For Sam, waking up was weird.

She awoke in a air bubble, and had the weird sensation of weightlessness. She moved slowly, expecting the bubble to pop at any second, and surrender her to the cruel sea, but instead, it began shrink and mold around her, until she was wearing a transparent suit that acted almost like what scuba divers wore, but without the annoying flippers and mask. " Sam?" A voice questioned and Sam turned as Percy swam toward her.

" Where are we?" Sam asked, just before she was suddenly grabbed around the middle by a pair of large arms. " Cousin." An all to happy Tyson cried, and Sam laughed. " Nice to see you to, Tyson."

Tyson let go and Percy had to pull Sam back down to keep her from floating away. " We're in Poseidon's realm." Percy told her 

" I guess I've been everywhere, now" Sam muttered as a colorful fish swam passed her. " Sam...I know its not something you like to do...but could you.." Percy trailed off and Sam let out a sigh. " If your trying to ask about Beckendorf, yes hes gone, Percy. His death was...quick." Sam hesitated as she searched for the right word, but it made no difference how she worded it. He was gone.

" You promised an explanation." Percy said. " What were you doing on that ship? I thought you were on an important quest that could help the camp."

" It can wait, trust me." Sam told him before the room shook. Tyson led them from the room, and Sam had to hold on to Percy as they swam so that she could keep up with them; the bubble suit kept the water out, but it was still a bubble, and kept trying to carry her off.

When they reached Poseidon, he was in the war room surrounded by many of his generals. Sam let go of Percy, when they finally stopped moving, but the bubble had other ideas, forcing her to latch on to Tyson. Poseidon introduced Percy to his immortal wife, Amphitrite, who left quite quickly and unhappily. Her attitude toward Percy seemed indifferent, an attitude similar to Persephone's when it came to Sam, though Persephone seemed to take it to the next level, and often threatened to turn her into a plant at least once, every time they saw each other; they were nothing compared to Hera.

Sam tried to be kind to her stepmother by offering to either sing for her, or help her with her garden; only during those moments would Persephone smile at Sam, and actually enjoy her presence, other times, Sam knew she was hated by her for simply existing. She was after all, just a reminder of Hades' infidelity with another woman.

Percy was also introduced to his half-brother, Triton. This was a relationship Sam would never understand, since she only had two siblings. Before finding out about Nico and Bianca, Sam was the only known child of Hades who was still alive; he didn't even have any godly children.

Triton left to join his mother, and Poseidon explained what was going on outside, and how the battle against the titan of the ocean wasn't going well. Percy pleaded with his father to let him fight with him down here, and Sam stared at him in sorrow. He had no idea.

" Percy, if you stay and fight down here, who will lead us into battle when Kronos' does reach Manhattan." Sam questioned and Percy looked at her with a frown. " The battle down here has been going for over a year; one demigod marching into battle is not going to change that."

" Return to camp," Poseidon insisted. " tell Chiron that it is time."

" Time for what?" Percy asked

" You must hear the prophecy, the entire prophecy."