1: A Girl and her Kneazle

(Editing Note: Hello! This is just a little note to say that chapters 1 through around 15 or 16 are currently unedited and have no proper paragraphing; I've decided to fix this issue when I either fall into a writer's block with this book, or when I get enough comments saying it's a major issue. 

But either way, they will be fixed eventually, so if you're here to critique this book, please ignore the lack of paragraphing. I have recognised that it is an issue and it will be remedied in due time.

With that said, I hope you enjoy this book!)

(Y/N) Silverlie always found herself talking to her house elf and her kneazle more than any real person; her mother was kind enough, but her constant insistence on them going to banquets with other pureblooded families was stressful. 

Having to try and engage with such terrifyingly rich, powerful looking people was almost impossible for young (Y/N). Her mother was a rather chatty woman, easy to make conversation with, but (Y/N) was...well, difficult to engage. The only thing she really ever wanted to talk about was Muggle story books and magical creatures. 

Ever since she'd been given a picture book of what her mother called 'strange, magical things' as a very young child, she'd been completely unable to stop learning about them. 

It was because of this fascination that she begged her mother to buy her her pet kneazle; according to the owner of the small shop, her previous owners didn't understand why she refused to go near them. 

They tried everything to get her to like them; the most expensive food money could buy, a whole room of cat toys...but nothing worked. At first, this story completely confused (Y/N), as pets usually at least bear with their owners after a while; until the owner said they'd tried to force her to love them in the space of three days. 

It was extremely suspicious of the family anyway and, after her lack of affection begun to annoy them, she was put outside to die. (Y/N)'s easily swayed heart completely burst after hearing of the poor creature's plight, and thus, after receiving her license, (Y/N) was allowed to keep her dear Kneazle, who she lovingly named Amorita. 

She loved (Y/N) dearly, but was always rather suspicious of her parents, spending a lot of time trying to hide from them about (Y/N)'s person. While (Y/N) ate breakfast every day, Amorita would stay firmly sat in her lap, making it rather difficult to eat; the only other person the Kneazle trusted was the Silverlie family's house elf, Wisp.

The three often spent a lot of time in the kitchen without (Y/N)'s parents anyway, as her mother was permanently at some rich family's weekly banquet and her father was always stuck at work in the Ministry. Not that (Y/N) minded; Amorita and Wisp were, after all, her best friends, to the point where, if her parents were definitely not around, she'd take the time to help the sweet elf with anything she needed to do. 

It was on one of these parentless mornings that (Y/N) received her Hogwarts letter; it was around nine in the morning, and as usual, she was woken up by a heavy weight on her stomach. She chuckled to herself, picking up the attention hungry Kneazle and setting down her book. The smell of bacon and eggs wafted up from downstairs, making (Y/N) chuckle to herself. 

''Oh, Wisp,'' she muttered, ''Why do you have to always get up before me?'' 

She peeked around her door before closing it behind her quietly, and heading down the stairs. Upon seeing that her parents weren't there, and that there was food on the table, Amorita jumped from (Y/N)'s arms and circled the ankles of Wisp. She smiled at the furry ball of want, and then at (Y/N).

''Good morning, Miss (Y/N).'' 

(Y/N) smiled back, almost jumping into her chair as her food was served. 

As soon as the food was in front of her, Amorita jumped back into her lap, her smug, knowing expression showing that she clearly expected something; and, as usual, (Y/N) couldn't resist and fed a tiny bit of bacon into her pet's mouth. She wolfed her food down herself, and Wisp asked absentmindedly, ''Did you finish reading that book about Demiguise, Miss (Y/N)?'' 

She nodded quickly, replying excitedly, ''Mm hm! They're very interesting creatures indeed—''

 She was cut off by the screeching of her family's extremely vocal owl. (Y/N) sighed, making a point of getting the post herself; but her sighs turned to gasps as soon as she read the letter. Amorita jumped up on the windowsill to see whatever her owner was so excited about, but Wisp just smiled; a young, Pureblooded child, gasping in happiness at a time around their eleventh birthday? It was most definitely the Hogwarts acceptance letter. 

Amorita snuggled into (Y/N)'s arms as she read out the letter with little room to even breathe, smiling throughout. 

''Times are changing now, Wisp, Amorita! I get to have a wand, and cast spells, and generally do magic stuff without asking mother...'' 

As if on cue, the door flew open, revealing (Y/N)'s mother. 

''(Y/N), sweetie, is that what I think it is?'' she whisked the letter out of her daughter's hands, ''Oh Merlin, it is! And to think, I was almost too busy to see you receive it...'' 

(Y/N) internally sighed, thinking to herself, 'You basically were.' 

She managed to fake a smile, and hug her mother anyway; the elegant woman almost immediately ducked away from her daughter's embrace, announcing, ''Well, it's better early than late. Get your shoes, darling, we're going shopping!'' 

(Y/N) stifled a sigh. Other than getting her wand, there was nothing new or interesting about Diagon Alley; her mother often dragged her there for new dress robes, and every single time, she had to try and hide herself from whatever Pureblooded, horrible-natured child she was forced together with. 

Her mother shoved the usual powder into her hand, and (Y/N) struggled to hold Amorita with one arm. 

''(Y/N), sweetie, do you really have to bring...that?'' 

(Y/N) nodded vigorously. 

''She gets lonely if I leave her.'' 

Her mother sighed. (Y/N) made a point of getting into the fireplace first, and saying clearly, ''Diagon Alley!''