30: Rosewood Wand

(A/N: I found the mistake ahaha)

(Y/N) woke up on a cold January morning to muffled, yet very aggressive voices coming from the common room.

''Go back to the Hospital Wing, you vile snake...''

''And why would I want to do that? Am I coughing?''

(Y/N) slipped on her slippers quietly, picked up Amorita for comfort, and opened her door a fraction.''Do you just like to ruin lives? You ruined hers, but you aren't going to ruin mine.''

''No, I just like to right wrongs, Mr. Malfoy; and anyway, you helped me ruin her life. And if her mother is your idea of (Y/N), well, (Y/N)'s mother is in Azkaban because she was a bad person, but is (Y/N) a bad person? No, she's not.''

''Hold your goddamn tongue. She follows Potter around like a little dog, and believes every bit of drivel that comes out of his privileged mouth!''

Opal's mint eyes flashed with bitter hatred; she pulled her wand from her pocket. 

''That's because Harry Potter speaks the truth.''

''Oh, are you going to duel me? You really think you could—''

''Oh I won't duel you,'' Opal whispered, only just loud enough for (Y/N) to hear, ''I'll kill you.''

That was when (Y/N) finally stepped from her room and both parties jumped.

''Oh, if it isn't the Potter loving furball girl! Are you here to tell me that you-know-who is out to kill me or some other ridiculous nonsense?''

(Y/N) completely blanked him, and instead said to Opal, ''don't kill him, his life isn't worth an Azkaban sentence.''

Opal nodded, but didn't put her wand away.

''You're a liar, (Y/N) Silverlie! A lying, cheating, stupid girl who cannot be trusted!

''Yet again, he was completely ignored. ''Answer me!''

(Y/N) retired to her dorm room to change; she'd planned to meet up with Luna that day, perhaps to do some last minute O.W.L. revision, as they weren't too far away now.

She didn't say a word to the blonde haired boy whose glares dug into her back as she left.

~

''Opie here passed everything with "Exceeds Expectations" or higher, so let's hope you get her luck instead of mine.''

''Oh, do stop it, Trix; you did okay too.''

(Y/N) had been pounced on by Opal the second she got back from her 'revision' with Luna (which just turned into a nice conversation about this and that), and decided that, now that they were kind of friendly, she would help her with O.W.L revision.

And now, after about a week of the most stressful work (Y/N) had ever done, she and Trixie were there to wish her luck as she walked in.

(Y/N) sat surrounded by people she didn't recognise, and it was a serious struggle to not try and find Draco, to perhaps see if he was looking her way.

The O.W.L itself was nowhere near as hard as (Y/N) expected it to be; probably because she had the niece of the vile troll of a woman standing by the clock revising with her.But the dead silence and lack of stress towards the exam made her mind open to thoughts about him. She had promised herself that she wouldn't be quick to forgive him, and yet here she was, ready to stand up in the middle of the exam and fling herself onto him.

She missed him so much...

But then there was a rather loud boom.

Everyone looked around for where it had come from, but nothing was there.