42: Isabel's Friendship Club

''Confringo!'' yelled Isabel, catching the Death Eater about to attack (Y/N) off-guard.
''Is that your favourite spell or something?'' (Y/N) asked.
''It's effective, okay?!'' Isabel responded, laughing a little.
''Expelliarmus!'' (Y/N) watched as a wand went flying across the room; whether Anneliese's wand was just that strong or if she'd messed up the spell was never proven.
''Merlin's Beard, Anneliese! You're actually okay at this!''
''Thanks, 'Bel.'' Anneliese replied, rolling her eyes a little.
And then she fell.
Isabel stifled a laugh; Anneliese glared, but it wasn't really in a harsh way.
(Y/N) appeared from seemingly nowhere, saying goodbye and thank you to Luna.
''Sorry I'm late!'' (Y/N) exclaimed.
''It's fine, dearie.'' Anneliese replied.
Isabel muttered something, anxious to get what she wanted to say in as quickly as humanly possible.''So, uh, (Y/N),'' Isabel asked, obviously trying to hide something, ''are you and Malfoy like, okay ish now?'' (Y/N) turned her head a little; ''Not right now, Izzy, please.''
So it was still a touchy subject.
''Okay.'' Was the only reply she could muster, her eyes drifting to an owl on the windowsill.
~
''She's not comfortable talking to me about you right now, so I legitimately cannot tell you anything.
But she's not mad. I know she's not; I heard her whispering too, she misses you, Malfoy.
So get your ass to Hogwarts and say what you've got to say.
Make her life complete!
Isabel Deimos ;)''
Draco read the note over and over; he wished Isabel wasn't so concise, because maybe then he could have gotten a bit more info, but none of her other friends were likely to want to send owls to him now; even Isabel was extremely hesitant, as she was still a little annoyed at his actions.
But he couldn't dwell on the fact it had taken her days to respond; she was in the thick of a war, after all.
He looked himself up and down in the mirror; he'd had the time to properly bath while waiting for Isabel's owl, so he looked a lot more presentable.
Would that make her more likely to smile at him again?
He shook his head, combing his hair again, making absolutely sure he looked perfect.
He adjusted his newer, cleaner suit a little, and tried to find a way to hold the book (that was now back to its proper size) that wasn't completely weird looking. How did she manage to look so adorable while holding these stupid things? They were so annoying to constantly hold!Suddenly, a knock came on the bathroom door.
''I'll be out in a second!'' Draco exclaimed.''You've been in there for hours, dear, please—''
''In a second!''
He fiddled his hair around one last time, and then opened the door; his mother's confused gaze fell on him as he stepped out.
''And where are you going, Draco?'' She asked, bemused.
''Nowhere in particular. And why should you have—''
Narcissa's eyes fell on the book under Draco's arm. It was far too well-thumbed to be his, and judging by the presence of animal-esque ginger hair in the spine...
''You're going to see her, aren't you?'' Draco looked down, ''Yes, I am, and don't try and stop me!''
''I'm not,'' Narcissa replied, ''I like this Silverlie girl; go to her. Just don't let your father see what you're doing, okay?'' She gave her son a light hug before heading off to her own room.
Draco tried to be as quiet as possible when leaving the house; and miraculously, he didn't alert his father about him leaving.
He didn't hesitate in setting off to Hogwarts; nothing was going to stop him from getting to her this time.
He was going to prove that he loved her, in the best way he knew how.
And nothing, nothing could stop him.
~
''Afternoon, Harry,'' (Y/N) said casually as she passed him.
''(Y/N)! How are you?''''I'm better than usual. How are—''
''(Y/N), you need to get to the common room right now, it's urgent and like, super important and urgent and—''
Isabel had appeared from nowhere, red in the face and...well, looking completely echausted.
Harry smiled at (Y/N), ''It's super importantly urgent, (Y/N),'' he joked, ''go on.''
Isabel mock saluted at Harry, breathless, and then grabbed (Y/N)'s hand, dragging her all the way to the common room.
Isabel practically kicked the door in, falling over as soon as she entered; but (Y/N)'s vision was already on something else.
Draco was sitting on the sofa, reading something.
''The happiest of all things is when an old friend comes and greets us as in former times,'' he read aloud, ''the heart is comforted with the assurance that someday everything we have loved will be given back to us.''
''That's Heidi...wait, what? You come back after being a Death Eater to recite eighteen hundreds literature to me?'' (Y/N) looked completely and utterly bemused. ''I just thought the quote was...fitting,'' he paused, getting antsy as (Y/N)'s expression didn't change, ''I messed up. I know I did, but I had no choice—''
''You did, but do go on. Continue to tell me all the reasons you pity me, while you're at it.''
He was sensing the rising anger in her tone.
''No! I...I love you, and I want to make sure you know that!'' he was fiddling with the pages now, ''so please, listen to—''
''Give me a good reason for why you went back!''
''His mother, (Y/N), his mother!'' exclaimed Isabel, ''She was in almost the same position as your father; Death Eater husband, Death Eater kid...would you leave your parent abandoned in that?''
''No...'' (Y/N) was smiling a little now, ''Fine. I suppose I can forgive you...as if you take big steps and climb with all your little might—''
''Hey, don't steal my ideas, babe,'' Draco exclaimed, laughing, ''but that reminds me. I came here to give this back.''
He handed the copy of Heidi back, and (Y/N) laughed; ''bit of a strange reason to return, Dray.'' She opened the book to the last page, wanting to read her silly little notes from her earlier years at Hogwarts again; and she spotted a new one.
''ADDITION: I'm sorry for ruining your book while I borrowed it. Draco x''
(Y/N) laughed, ''it was ruined already, Draco. Seriously...''
But then she turned to the first page, and realised that there was something...stuck behind the first few chapters?
It was hard, and it moved a little...She flicked through the pages, smiling at the little notes that had been scribbled over the years; annotations, Pansy's graffiti, Draco's graffiti...and newly added gold stars next to her silver ones.Eventually, she had flicked to chapter seven, "A New Chapter About New Things", and she froze.
Sitting in the circular hole on a cushy little pad...
''Oh my stars...'' (Y/N) breathed, ''is...is this...?''
''Yes, (Y/N). I love you more than anything in the world; you're the silver star that lights up my sky, the force that drives me to keep living...when I thought you were dead, I wished I was. You're my one true love, (Y/N). And I never want to spend a day apart from you again.''
He gently pried the book from (Y/N)'s hands, and tried to hide his anxious shaking as he got down on one knee.
''Will you marry me, (Y/N) Silverlie?''
(Y/N) jumped out of sheer excitement; ''Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes, yes—''
Happy tears rolled down her face, and Draco soon followed suit as he put the ring onto her ring finger.
The tiny star shaped diamond glistened under the soft firelight of the common room.
''I love you more than anything, Draco,'' she smiled, and then laughed a little, ''but reciting literature really isn't a career path for you.''
Draco laughed too; ''Hey, stop it! I thought I was alright at it!''
They laughed in blissful happiness for what felt like forever; Isabel set off some sort of indoor firework that exploded just behind them.''So, uh, should I leave now? You know, just in case you want to—''
They yelled in unison, just like old times, still laughing.
''Isabel!''
It was a perfect moment, and (Y/N) wouldn't change it for the world; because she was going to be his forever.
And who wouldn't consider a moment like that anything less than perfect?