44: You Got Me Helpless!

(Y/N) sat at the top of the hill behind Isabel's house, a handmade flower crown perched on her head, waiting for the rest of her friends to wake up.
She'd stayed at Isabel's house the night before, as it was unlucky for the bride and groom to see each other before the wedding, along with all of the girls she'd invited, but she was just so excited for what would take place so very soon that she woke up at five.
It was the middle of July, so it wasn't as if it was dark or anything at that time of day; she'd been sitting and re-reading her little diary from her first three years of Hogwarts, and replying to the little questions she'd written to her future self.
It was euphoric to be able to tell the little furball girl that things would turn out okay; and that, through some astronomical chance, she did end up with Draco.
Seven years ago, she would have been sitting in the common room with Amorita, reading her books and dreaming of even hearing a kind word from him...
And now, here she was, engaged to him.
She began to spin around with excitement, appreciating the gentle breeze on her skin; the light nightdress she was still in spun around as she did, making her look like a rather large fairy as she danced in excitement.
Amorita jumped from the ground onto her shoulder; (Y/N) held her close.
''Oh, I'm so lucky, Amorita,'' she said, trying desperately to be quiet, ''I'm marrying him, oh my stars...I'm marrying Draco Malfoy, Amorita! I really am!''
She continued spinning, eventually tripping over her own feet and rolling part way down the hill, landing in a heap with Amorita and the diary next to her.
She started laughing, happy tears rolling down her face again; ''It's really happening...'' she breathed, still not completely comprehending it.
''I'm going to be (Y/N) Malfoy...''
~
(Y/N) strolled back into the house at around eight, covered in grass stains and mud now; Isabel and Hermione were sitting at the table, eating that awful apple and raisin cereal.
''I never expected him to stay with her,'' Hermione said, ''and I can't say I didn't want to make her leave him more than once...''
''I know,'' Isabel replied, ''but they're completely dedicated to each other. Like Romeo and Juliet, but no one died.''
''I'd rather not be compared to such a stupidly sappy character, thanks.'' (Y/N) chided jokingly, brushing some stray dirt off.
Isabel and Hermione looked her up and down for a second.
''What have you been doing?'' Hermione finally asked.
''Oh, I fell over...'' (Y/N) confessed, ''got a bit overexcited, I guess.''
Isabel snorted, milk almost coming out of her nose.
''You were doing the spinning thing again, weren't you?''
''Maybe.'' (Y/N) responded, laughing. The door creaked open, revealing Luna, still looking rather tired.
''Good morning,'' she said sleepily, ''why are we up so early?''
Isabel shrugged; ''Mrs Malfoy here decided it would be great to fall down the hill at five a.m., ask her.''
She laughed lightly, but (Y/N)'s expression had gone all dreamy after being called that.
She could hear gentle talking from the next room (which was the one Isabel had turned into the 'sleepover place'), and recognised Trixie and Ginny's voices; they'd become quite friendly over time, and they'd settled on being in charge of hair and makeup (although Trixie had also made all of the dresses, for (Y/N) and her bridesmaids). ''Oh, (Y/N), there's an owl for you,'' Hermione said, looking at the familiar owl on the windowsill.
In its beak wasn't a letter, but instead, just a note.
''I'm not dead. Not yet, anyway.''
And then, in fell Opal, not caring about whether or not she looked graceful. (Y/N) smiled; she knew that she was okay for now already, but seeing her...well, it was nice.
''Awfully sorry I couldn't come last night,'' she apologised, ''I had to clean somebody's studio.''
Isabel snorted again, but then composed herself.
''Right, now Opie's here, we can start getting stuff ready,'' she knocked on the sleepover room door, ''get up!''Out trailed Ginny and Trixie, who sat either side of Luna on the rather large dining table.
''(Y/N), you're our personal Barbie doll for the next few hours,'' Isabel said, smirking, ''so sit there and look pretty while we get everything ready, right?''
(Y/N) sighed, ''can I eat first? I'd rather not be covered in your disgusting cereal when I turn up.''
Isabel mocked anger; ''fine, do that. And anything else you need to get done...and then you're our doll, okay?''
(Y/N) laughed as her eyes rolled, ''okay, Izzy.''
~
After eating, using the bathroom and brushing her teeth twice (just in case), (Y/N) sat where she was told to; and then Trixie emerged, tripping over something and yelping in pain.
''Hopefully Trixie doesn't die before she gets to you, (Y/N).'' Isabel joked.
(Y/N) couldn't respond; nerves were beginning to kick in, and 'what ifs' were beginning to swirl around in her head...
Someone began softly brushing her hair out, saying quietly, ''don't be scared.''
Luna!
''You look pretty already,'' she breathed, although (Y/N) was currently still sat in her muddy nightdress and had leaves in her hair from the crown, ''so don't be nervous...''
(Y/N) tried to laugh, but no sound came out; her worries just couldn't melt away.
But as Luna continued gently brushing her hair, the room quite peaceful if you ignored Trixie, she began to feel a little better.''Trixie Lou Irunyavi,'' Opal suddenly announced, ''get off the floor and help before I make you! Go on!''
With a groan, Trixie got back onto her feet, and went upstairs to find all of her things; and the dress.
''Ginny,'' (Y/N) heard Luna ask, ''could I do (Y/N)'s hair? I think I could...''
''Okay then.'' Ginny agreed.(Y/N) relaxed a little more; Luna was incredibly gentle with her hair, not pulling it as she styled it like all of her family used to when she was a child.
She really did feel like a Barbie doll.
After about forty minutes in her own world, Luna said, ''I'm finished!'', bringing (Y/N) back into reality.
And the reality was that Isabel was currently fighting to get her head out of the arm hole of her dress, complaining rather loudly; (Y/N) stifled a laugh.
Trixie, who was already dressed and made up (and looking like a goddess on Earth, as usual), came over to (Y/N), makeup case in hand.
''I promise I won't take long,'' she said, ''you just want to look natural, right?''
(Y/N) nodded gently, careful not to mess up Luna's work.
Trixie smiled, getting to work almost immediately, humming something.
It didn't take her long to be done at all; causing (Y/N) to believe that she'd used magic when she'd told her to close her eyes.
But it didn't matter; it was beautiful.
And then it was time for the dress.Her dress.
''Here comes Trixie's magnum opus,'' joked Opal, ''she skipped sleep for this. It's practically her daughter.''
Trixie laughed a little as she helped (Y/N) into it, ''well, Miss Lovegood helped me a little, too. She knows (Y/N) far better than I do.''
Opal rolled her eyes, and went back to doing her makeup; (Y/N) was beginning to notice similarities between her and her owl self as she did so...
She was zoning out again, trying to ignore her worries.
All of the bridesmaids' dresses looked gorgeous on everyone; Trixie really had worked hard.
After what felt like an eternity, everyone was ready; and then something hit (Y/N).
''Where in Salazar's name is Anneliese?''
She'd been too busy to stay over, but she had promised to show up early the next morning.
Everyone else pondered this question for a minute, but then it answered itself.
The sound of hooves hitting concrete was heard outside; Isabel looked out of the window, waving like an idiot, and exclaimed; ''I found her!''
Confused, everyone walked outside; and (Y/N) could have fainted.
Sitting there in her pastel purple bridesmaid's dress, her face still taut with concentration in the Pegasus drawn, silver and Lapis encrusted carriage, was Anneliese.
''Hey y'all,'' she exclaimed, ''sorry I'm late, Delis refused to fly this morning, and I was having trouble with her...''
She paused, ''also expansion charms are difficult as hell!''
(Y/N) shook her head gently, ''we'll still be there in due time...and wow. How—''
''My aunt works with Pegasi, and Malfoy asked if I could do this for you!''
She smiled, ushering everyone in; Anneliese sat in the very front, by the Pegasi, and (Y/N) sat in between Isabel and Luna.
''Are you sure you're ready, (Y/N)?'' Hermione asked from behind her.
''Ready as I'll ever be, 'Mione.''
And with that, Anneliese did something with her hands, and they were off.

It was time...