24: Ruffled Feathers

(A/N: I'm going on holiday on July 18th and won't be back until the 24th (I think), so there probably won't be many, if any, updates in that week; so I'm trying to write as much as possible now! Love y'all!)

(Y/N) was one of the first onto the train; she was rather lonely. Isabel was busy with 'something' for the first few weeks back, but Ron, Hermione and Harry were adamant they'd seen her when she met up with them a few days before school started.

''She was wandering around the Ministry. I saw her around when I had my Hearing, she even spoke to Ron's dad!'' said Harry, ''She said something about...something about a legislation.''

(Y/N), of course, knew this must be the Anti-Werewolf Legislation she'd been hearing so much about.

''How strange...did she, uh, talk to anyone else?''''She's been appearing all summer to talk to Lupin!'' Ron chimed in. (Y/N) smiled, sighing in relief.

''Okay, that's fine.''

She's not scared of herself, or her own kind, at least.

Hermione raised her eyebrows a little; she was a bright spark, and it was likely she'd already picked up on some of Isabel's more...canine-like traits. But it wasn't brought up again, and (Y/N) found herself alone on the train, picking out random things to re-read from one of the boxes she'd managed to bring.

But something caught her eye as she skimmed over this and that.

Mint eyes, and a head of curls preened perfectly into a bun...

That fluffy notebook...

Please, god, no.

''I'm fine, Trixie! This is out last year, I just wanted to spend it in school. Not with stupid Professor whatever-from-the-Ministry.''

''Opie, dear, you're worrying me! Please be nice—''

''I'm not exactly a Hufflepuff like you, now am I? You're not my mother! You have no right to—''

Was she crying?

(Y/N) was practically hanging out of the side of the door now, listening in to Opal and her blonde-and-pink-dip-dye haired friend, who she'd called Trixie. ''What in Salazar's name--- move! If I don't sit down, I think I'm going to melt.''

Her harsh words sounded almost strained as they left her mouth, almost as if she was forcing herself to speak.

 ''And why do you get priority over sitting here?''

Oh joy of joys! Now Pansy was joining in!

And, by the sounds of it, Draco and Harry were having an argument at the other end of the train, too!

''I'm surprised the Ministry is still letting you walk free, Potter!'' He yelled, ''I heard there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it!''

''Do you even know who you're talking to, you plug ugly muppet?''

''You sound like an absolute loser!''

''You're a liar, Potter! A dirty liar!''

''Shut up, Malfoy!''

''Um, Opie, Miss Parkinson was here first...''

''Shut up, Irunyavi!''

''Opal, I'm serious-- you're going to cause ructions--''

''Why don't you shut up?''

''I could say the same about—''

'EVERYONE SHUT UP!''