34: Starlight Daydreamer

(A/N: I like stars okay bye)
(Y/N) was ready for the dinner party an hour early, as her shock about now actually being considered a top student had pushed her to work harder (even though she'd just been getting help from Harry and, via letters, Opal), and so she decided to be ready before time.
She spent the time gazing up at the stars, trying to see which constellations she actually remembered; Pegasus, if she remembered right, should be very visible around now, but she wished she could see Aquarius, too (she'd always called them 'sister stars' as a child, as they were closer together), as they'd always been her favourites to find.
And then there was the constellation that had become her new favourite in recent years...
''Draco, the Celestial Dragon constellation. While its stars aren't very bright, it's always there in the sky; and you look at it often, don't you?'' the voice behind her was definitely her new roommate.
''Uh, yes. Constellations are another thing I kind of looked at a lot as a child...''
''You're a complete nerd, Miss Silverlie,'' she said quietly, her usually rough accent calming down a little, ''but you're living some sort of weird fairy-tale, I swear. A little nerdy princess and her rebellious blonde prince...''
(Y/N) shoved her, ''Oh, shut up, Anneliese! It's not like that-''
But Anneliese didn't hear her; she was gazing out at the stars now too, whispering to herself.
''I miss home, Silverlie,'' she admitted; Anneliese was, after all, the exchange student who had graciously agreed to move to make room for Isabel (although the school didn't know that), ''do you ever get like that? You know, you just want to run home, to your parents and stuff?''
(Y/N) lay her head in her hand, her expression far away, ''I suppose I do...''
Anneliese focused on (Y/N) now, mumbling again.
(Y/N) decided now would be a good time to set off to the party; it was in about fifteen minutes.
''Right, I must be off.'' (Y/N) said, shocking Anneliese out of her trance.
''Oh, yeah, that,'' she replied, her accent returning, ''I have to ask someone for some Charms answers, so I guess I'll walk with you.''
As they entered the common room, they spotted Draco on the sofa, reading what (Y/N) recognised as one of her well-thumbed novels.
''Have a nice evening, Dray,'' she breathed, pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead.
She was ignored yet again; but she didn't see the hurt that flashed in his eyes as she walked out of the door.
She didn't see his desperate attempts to not stand up and run after her...
~
''Hey! Before y'all enter the dumb party, tell Zabini he owes me an answer sheet, okay?'' Anneliese asked.
''Of course.'' (Y/N) replied, wondering why she'd used ''y'all'' to talk about just her.
Anneliese soon turned on her heel and went to the common room, probably to spend the evening with stupid Millicent Bulstrode and...Pansy. The only seat available in the 'party' was right next to Blaise; a boy (Y/N) had only ever really spoken to with Isabel around.
Harry and Hermione smiled over at (Y/N), but she could see how mind-numbingly bored they were; the only thing keeping (Y/N) there was the food. She kept on zoning out, and apparently the conversation had turned to something about people's parents, as she heard Hermione say dentist...
''And how's your father, Miss Silverlie? He was always a very clever boy, if a bit odd...'' Slughorn asked.
Well, she couldn't exactly say 'hiding from his once wife in the middle of nowhere', now could she?
''Um, he works for the Ministry. Department for...the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.''
That was what he did do, before he was forced to flee, at least; he was just living off of the family fortune now.
Her eyes went down to her food, and she added, ''I suppose I'd like to do something similar.''
''Well, that's fitting; you reminded me of him from the moment I saw you!'' Slughorn replied, smiling; this only made (Y/N) more awkward, and she laughed equally as awkwardly.
She was fairly sure she said nothing else for the rest of the evening.
The only thing she even really remembered was Harry standing up when Ginny came in; which made his feelings towards her rather obvious.
After what felt like an eternity, it ended; everyone said their goodbyes and ran off to go to bed.
''Hey, Zabini,'' (Y/N) asked, suddenly remembering Anneliese asking about the answer sheet, ''apparently you have some Charms sheet to give to Anneliese?''
''No, I don't, she's just trying to get me to look at her,'' he huffed, ''she's worse than Pansy.''
(Y/N) stifled a laugh; ''give her the benefit of the doubt, she's just trying to make friends.''
''She's weird, Silverlie. You be her friend.'' He replied.
''I'm trying,'' she sighed, ''but right now, I need to sleep. And check if the baths are free for once...''
''Do you mind if I-'' Blaise started,''Slytherin? Yes, I do mind, piss off.'' (Y/N) finished for him, her laughing face taking on an angry undertone as she walked off alone.
~
(Y/N) had never seen Pansy smiling before, but apparently Anneliese's company had that effect.
''Evenin', starlight!'' exclaimed Anneliese, obviously referring to their short stargazing thing earlier, ''Do you want-''
''No, she doesn't, bye, furball!'' Pansy yelled, practically forcing (Y/N) into her dorm room.
And inside was a girl who was supposed to be in the Ministry right now; and Draco.
Someone had obviously used the Muffliato spell on the door, as no-one had heard the intense yelling going on inside.
''She already knows, Malfoy, her mother told her!''
''I don't care, she doesn't deserve to-''
Both parties noticed (Y/N) standing there, and Opal immediately stepped closer to the window, whispering; ''you'll tell her the truth, or it will come back to bite you. Goodbye.'' Seconds later, the elegant figure of Opal was gone, and an equally elegant owl was swooping away from the window.
Since when had Draco and Opal been anything to one another?
''Um, hello? What are you doing in my room?'' (Y/N) asked innocently, her eyes glittering with happiness that she finally had a moment alone with him.
''Nothing. I was just...borrowing one of your books,'' he said, obviously lying, ''and owl girl turned up.''
''You're lying,'' (Y/N) said, imitating his words from last year, ''but I know why. And I'm not mad for it, I promise.''
She smiled softly, not expecting any form of a reply. ''How...what do you...'' he stuttered.
''My mother wanted me to be one too, Dray. I just...I just managed to escape it,'' she paused, ''I suppose you didn't.''
(Y/N) continued smiling, even though tears were trickling down her cheeks now, ''you had no choice, sweetheart...'' she said quietly, ''so I can't be angry at you.''
Her (e/c) eyes glistened with tears, but she kept smiling, even though she was too choked up to speak anymore; she walked forward to throw her arms around the boy she loved so much.
''I don't deserve you,'' he whispered, ''you should be angry! I expected you to yell at me, because you want to protect Potter! You're...you're...''
Draco began to cry too.
The world felt like it was at a standstill; nothing else mattered right now.
The only thing they cared about on that night...
Was each other.