32: Secrets and Lies

(A/N: I may or may not have gone on a writing spree,,
I've written all the way up to seventh year, but I don't want to edit it all so uhh, yeah.)

(Y/N) had, over the time she'd been living in 27 Agate Avenue, become an avid reader of the Daily Prophet again; she was searching desperately for her mother's name, hoping with every fibre of herself that she'd been found and locked up again, but no luck.
''The Malfoys are currently under immense fire, father,'' (Y/N) said quietly, trying to pretend she didn't know why, ''there's a trial and everything; here, look.''
Her father refused; instead, he snatched the paper away and threw it into the fire.
''Pointless tripe, that thing,'' he muttered, ''just goes to show that their endless bloody trust in Lucius was pointless.''
(Y/N) sighed; her father still didn't want to accept that Narcissa was almost as bad, and, just to save (Y/N) from crying, he didn't even dare to mention Draco, so Lucius was the name used more as a group term than as just the man's name.
Amorita suddenly jumped up onto the table and snuggled into one of the many fluffy notebooks on the table; they were all presents from Opal, and a small note reading, 'if you ever want to drop out of school and get home schooling, Professor Faera is always available for you!'
(Y/N) didn't take her up on the offer purely because she didn't care how dangerous Hogwarts was; it was her second home, and as she'd already had her first home stolen from her, she had to return to it.
Opal even asked if (Y/N) would want to become a trained Animagus; ''you'll be far safer then, I mean, as long as you're not some enormous lizard or something...'', but again, (Y/N) refused.
The only thing that almost swayed her heart was Isabel's broken promise.
She'd sent an owl saying it was far too dangerous for her to return to school that year, what with Death Eaters wandering around everywhere and her being a werewolf...
So she and her father flew off to America; apparently Ilvermorny had accepted her after a lot of paperwork, a student having to transfer to make room and even some form of hearing to prove she was a 'safe' werewolf. She'd be doing her sixth and seventh years over there, away from the war everyone knew was brewing.
But (Y/N) stayed true to the school she loved, refusing to budge for anyone.
She was going to be there when all hell broke loose, and she was going to fight.
~
(Y/N) had never been happier to have Amorita by her side as she sat by herself at a table.
She'd been, completely understandably, blanked by Draco and sniggered at by Pansy as they passed, but she didn't care. She had Amorita and her book; she was fine.
''Hey, (Y/N), would you like to buy a Quibbler?'' came a gentle, familiar voice.
''Of course I would, Luna,'' replied (Y/N), smiling as she brought out her purse, ''so, uh, how was your holiday?''
''Quite...ordinary,'' she said, her silvery, light voice now holding (Y/N)'s full attention, ''but yours wasn't so good, was it?''
(Y/N)'s eyes shot down to stare at the carpet, ''no, it was fine, you know—''
''you're not telling the absolute truth, (Y/N).''
(Y/N) bit her lip, fidgeting much like Opal did, and then sighed.
''Let's just say I spent almost two days living in an Owlery with Amorita and my house elf.'' Was all (Y/N) could muster up.
''you're still not telling me everything,'' Luna said quietly, ''I can see it in your eyes...''
(Y/N) slumped down to partially lie on the table, ''I'm not sure I'm able to yet, Luna, it's...well, sensitive.''
''Oh.'' Was all Luna could say in response as she stared at (Y/N) through her Spectrespecs, thinking.
''Well, you should probably go and sell the rest of those now.'' (Y/N) said, and Luna stood up almost immediately.
''Don't give up hope, (Y/N).'' she said quietly as she stood up.
''I'll try, Luna,'' (Y/N) replied, ''I'll try...''
~
(Y/N) was a little late for the carriages, and so, she was sat with three students she'd never met; all of them looked a little disgusted to have to sit with her, and she even heard a whisper of, ''hey, is that the Silverlie girl? I heard she's...she's a bad witch, you know?''
They couldn't possibly be in anything above second year, so at first, she ignored them, but...
''P-please don't kill us, Miss Silverlie!'' said the smallest of the three, shoving a bag of galleons in her face, ''I know I'm Muggleborn, but, um...''
''Why would you think I'd kill you?'' (Y/N) replied quietly, trying not to yell, or cry, or both.
''Because you're...you're...'' she gestured at her arm.
(Y/N) put her head in her hands, ''no, I'm not; my mother is, but I'm not.''
''But you're the heir to the Silverlie name, and your parents are, so—''
''My mother is! My father's not, I'm not...you can't just judge people off of their parents!'' (Y/N) exclaimed, rolling up her sleeves to prove a point; the little girl almost fainted. ''Ok, ok!'' yelled the boy next to the faint girl, ''just go away! We know you're lying, you filthy—''
''I'm not a Death Eater!'' (Y/N) yelled back, all three shivering at the two words, ''ask anyone! Hell, ask Harry Potter! He'll tell you that I was in his club against the Dark Arts!''
In a completely anger-fuelled, impulsive move, she jumped from the carriage and walked the rest of the way to Hogwarts. She was not dealing with them anymore.
By the time she reached the gate, she was somehow miraculously ahead of some of the carriages.
Professor Flitwick looked at (Y/N) confusedly as she walked through the gate, but he decided to ignore it.
''Name?''
''(Y/N) Silverlie? I thought you knew—''
''Yes, but you have to follow rules! And so does that Deimos girl, when she eventually appears—''
(Y/N) blinked confusedly, ''She's transferred to Ilvermorny, Professor?''
(Y/N) said, bemused, ''did she not tell the school?''
''No, she didn't!'' Professor Flitwick replied, sounding rather angry, ''but...just give your case over to Filch. Deimos is a separate problem...''
(Y/N) stifled a laugh; he may have seemed angry, but (Y/N) knew that Isabel was actually one of his favourite students.
Surprisingly, Filch didn't find anything inherently suspicious in (Y/N)'s case (which she knew was lucky, as every other student had had the most random objects taken out and inspected), but the inspection still took forever.
However she knew this precaution was to protect against Voldemort and his Death Eaters, so she couldn't really complain about it.
~
Dinner was weird without someone to talk to; Draco was still blanking her, Isabel was probably sitting on the Thunderbird House table by now, and Opal was...well, Opal was working somewhere in the Ministry.
Pansy seemed intent on trying to rile (Y/N) up, but she managed to ignore every advance; even Draco ended up having to tell Pansy to stop it, but he didn't say a word to (Y/N).
Even though she knew for almost definite what was going on, it still hurt to be ignored by the only friend she still had on this table.
(Y/N) clapped politely as 'Treasura, Crocus' and 'Tiera, Lucien' became Slytherins, but her eyes began to glaze over somewhere around 'Underwood, Yvette' becoming a Hufflepuff and 'Yasmin, Ariana' becoming a Ravenclaw, and it became very difficult for her to not fall asleep onto the table. The only thing that woke her up was the aforementioned 'Treasura, Crocus' gazing longingly over at Draco, only to be shoved aggressively by the seventh year she'd sat herself by, who whispered, ''he's taken by that one there,'' she pointed at (Y/N), ''the pretty one, not the pug.''(Y/N) smiled at the compliment, and the girl (who she recognised as Cadence Lovecharm, the pianist from her banquets years ago) winked back as she shoved 'Treasura, Crocus' once again.
But the glow from the compliment melted away as she saw Harry walk in, his nose bloody; somehow, be it instinct or simple deduction, (Y/N) knew Draco had something to do with that.
But he wouldn't even look at (Y/N) long enough for her to glare.
Her attention was soon called to the altar, however; it was most likely time for the hundredth new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher to be introduced.
But the new Professor, Professor Slughorn, was announced as the new Potions teacher.
The new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher was Snape.
'I suppose his little pipe dream finally came true,' (Y/N) thought to herself.
After the announcement, it was time for bed, as usual.
Or whatever 'usual' was for this school.
~
(Y/N) found herself walking near, but not quite next to Draco; Pansy had taken than spot, and was lording it as much as she could. Blaise stood to the other side of him, also ignoring (Y/N)'s existence; but Pansy stopped laughing and began to look up as a tall figure that (Y/N) again recognised as Cadence, followed by two first years practically skipped past, talking almost as incessantly as them, and then, finally, (Y/N) had an entrance. ''Um, hello, Dray.'' She said quietly and unusually shyly.
No answer, came the reply.
She realised immediately that this plan was fruitless; and Pansy constantly shoving her and yelling, ''Go away, furball, he doesn't want to see you!'' really didn't help.
So she walked back to her dorm room alone.
Isabel wasn't there to talk to, she hadn't unpacked yet, so her familiarly messy room wasn't even in existence yet...
She picked up Amorita, sadness creeping in; ''I'm glad you're still here, Amorita,'' she whispered, ''you, Luna and the Golden Trio are all I have now, and...well, three of those people are always busy...''
Amorita purred as if she understood, snuggling further in and making (Y/N) laugh a little.
''Well, perhaps refreshing my mind on some of Newt Scamander's work will cheer me up.'' (Y/N) said loudly, as if convincing herself.
She dug through her case to find her tattered copy of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' and read into the night, subconsciously wishing for someone to talk to...
(Y/N)'s dreams were far from happy that night.
And she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully again for a very long time.